• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Saying goodbye again

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
Hi

Sorry not sure if this the right place to post.

Just wanted to vent.

Last December we had to say goodbye to my 8 1/2year old bunny Sammy. Still miss him so much. I hate that'll never see his little grumpy face again.

As it was winter at the time we decided not to do anything with his hutch until spring. hubby has recently mentioned that we need to get rid of it. I feel it's like saying goodbye again. I miss him so much. I have photos. And videos of him but yet the thought of seeing his hutch getting taken away upsets me.
I know it seems really silly. Feel as if it's the last piece of him I have.

Hi

Just wanted to vent.

Last December we had to say goodbye to my 8 1/2year old bunny Sammy. Still miss him so much. I hate that'll never see his little grumpy face again.

As it was winter at the time we decided not to do anything with his hutch until spring. hubby has recently mentioned that we need to get rid of it. I feel it's like saying goodbye again. I miss him so much. I have photos. And videos of him but yet the thought of seeing his hutch getting taken away upsets me.

I can understand how you feel. You could save a piece of wood from the hutch and smarten it up. Perhaps sand it down, wash it and paint something pretty/decorative on it. Just a small piece of wood that you could customise into a little keepsake xx

Hi

Just wanted to vent.

Oh no, I'm so sorry :(

I really understand how you feel. I had a little bunny named Sammy. It was very hard to get over his passing.

Please post photos and videos on here if you'd like and feel it would help. I will be pleased to look at them, your lovely little sweetheart :love:

I cried cleaning my boys hutch out, it was like saying goodbye again as it's the last wee bit of them. Instead of getting rid I cleaned it and kept it. It now homes two little rabbits. As much as no one will replace him, I love seeing Rosie and Gotze enjoying what he had. Are you not getting another rabbit? If not, would you feel better donating it to a rescue or something. Hugs xx

so sorry, I think janes idea is a lovely thought pf a memory, also xxxraxx 's suggestion some people feel like they are helping other rabbits by donating hitches to rescues

Thank you for your replies and understanding.

Jane that is lovely idea.

Ra - We still have a little bunny. I wish I could get another bun but really I don't think I'm up for the worry and heartache again. It was so hard letting go of Sammy and knowing that I will have to do it again with Leon (hopefully not anytime soon). I will have look into the donating thing although the hutch is nine years old.

No matter where the hutch is going it will still be sad to see it not there:(

Back