• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Insurance Available for Old Bunnies in May

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Agria Pet Insurance is offering an amnesty during May for older pets that would usually not be able to get pet insurance i.e. any rabbits over five years old. You need to call to get a quote: 03330 30 10 00 or you can request a call back via their website: http://www.agriapet.co.uk/

So if you've adopted an older rabbit any not been able to get insurance snap it up quick :)

Fantastic opportunity. I got a quote this morning - they do two levels of cover £1,500 and £2,500. They also offer an addition higher excess by adding 10% to lower the premium on the £1,500 cover.

... sadly the quotes they gave for 7 and 5 year old bunnies were higher than I'm willing to pay so won't be adopting the 5 year old bunny I had in might sights. (it was £216 per year for the lower cover for both ages).

I think most insurances do up to 5 years - so if the bunny you were adopting happened to be 4 years 11 months you could try them for a quote too.

Never heard of this company, how long have they been around?
Has anyone used them before?
It's good news, I am looking to adopt a rabbit soon, may be over 5 years old.

I think most insurances do up to 5 years - so if the bunny you were adopting happened to be 4 years 11 months you could try them for a quote too.

Thanks. It's crossed my mind. It still means I'd not get with P@H as their limit is 4 years and c1/2 the price of Petplan, the other 2 (?Exotics Direct/Helpucover?) have never been competitors either for me, sadly.

Never heard of this company, how long have they been around?
Has anyone used them before?
It's good news, I am looking to adopt a rabbit soon, may be over 5 years old.

There's a bit of feedback on here, but not much to go on.
https://www.facebook.com/RabbitVet/posts/1083593141679637

Last edited:
ooh, i've always wanted to insure bisc and have always regretted not doing it! (i didn't even know about it for a long time!)

wonder if it's worth it though, because he's already had alot of health and illness issues.

Keep in mind whichever insurance you go for they won't cover anything existing! So you do have to work out whether it would be worth the cost.

If you've got a 10 year old rabbit that costs £300 a year to insure, but that is elderly and serious intervention is unlikely to be right for their welfare e.g. major ops then you might just do better putting the cash to one side.

It depends on your finances too - if you can afford the regular payments but a big bill would be a struggle it does give you piece of mind.

Keep in mind whichever insurance you go for they won't cover anything existing! So you do have to work out whether it would be worth the cost.

If you've got a 10 year old rabbit that costs £300 a year to insure, but that is elderly and serious intervention is unlikely to be right for their welfare e.g. major ops then you might just do better putting the cash to one side.

It depends on your finances too - if you can afford the regular payments but a big bill would be a struggle it does give you piece of mind.

that's such a good point about whether it would even be fair to put an older rabbit through something major anyway. bisc is ten in a few weeks and i like the idea of him being covered if something major happened.. but then i didn't even consider he might not cope being put through something that serious anyway.

there is also lots he wouldn't be covered for aswell.

we couldn't afford a big bill if something did happen, but our vets are good with regular customers having payment plans for big bills if needed. but i don't like to take that for granted and just assume they would allow it!

we don't really have the cash to put aside either to be honest :oops: but again, the vets have been so good to us with payments over the years.

i'm really not sure... o/h is going to ring them to see what options there are anyway before we decide :)

A shame they don't do chinchillas, I missed out in getting my oldest two insured by only a few months. Thankfully their daughter and my two bunnies are covered.

Back