• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding attempt #553

Theo

Warren Scout
Maybe a slight exaggeration there but the bonding of Theo (male, neutered) and Bluebell (female, spayed) seems to be taking forever.

After a few set backs mostly stemming from Theo's dental 3 weeks ago I am trying to bond again. I've set aside tonight - going to sleep on the floor and all of tomorrow so fingers crossed we make some progress.

No real reason for the post although positive bonding vibes would be welcome!

I feel your pain :(

Bonding my current pair included my husband siting up through one night and I slept downstairs for an additional 4 nights. And that's just the half of it!

Even when we thought they were safe unsupervised, we had our setbacks, including discovering a really nasty wound from an all out fight they had, when we thought they had bonded. But, I am now cautiously optimistic we are getting there albeit whilst Teddys wound heals.

If it works for my nightmare pair, I am sure it can work for your pair even if you have setbacks as we have had.

Good luck :wave:

So...this has just happened!! Albeit Theo head butted her out the way so he could lie down but this is progress for these two!

After 24 hours of being in the spare bedroom (the new bunny room) I have let them out into the flat and they are both running around and binkying. So nice to see! There's a bit of chasing but I think it's playful? Or at least that's what I'm hoping.

Back