• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So upset with neighbours

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Last year one of our neighbours pitched up at our front door with Joey - saying they couldn't keep him because their little boy would keep letting alone out of it's hutch and the dog (Doberman) wouldn't leave him alone and they couldn't cope. Granted - Joey is a hyperactive little lad, and definitely not a bun for beginners.

I did say to the woman - rabbits are not ideal pets for children and certainly not ideal to have around a dog intent on eating it. She agreed - said 'never again' and that's the last I saw of her.

I just happened to look out our back bedroom window last night - and what did I see. Only a rabbit run in their garden:evil::evil::evil:! One of those wooden/wire 4 foot by 4 foot ones sold at P@H.

I am so upset. I didn't see a rabbit inside it - I hope not - it was awful weather. Joey was kept indoors whilst living there anyway. But either way - unless their little boy has miraculously learnt not to open hutches and their dog has learnt not to chase rabbits - I can just see the same thing happening....stupid stupid people!!!! :evil:

Last year one of our neighbours pitched up at our front door with Joey - saying they couldn't keep him because their little boy would keep letting alone out of it's hutch and the dog (Doberman) wouldn't leave him alone and they couldn't cope. Granted - Joey is a hyperactive little lad, and definitely not a bun for beginners.

I did say to the woman - rabbits are not ideal pets for children and certainly not ideal to have around a dog intent on eating it. She agreed - said 'never again' and that's the last I saw of her.

I just happened to look out our back bedroom window last night - and what did I see. Only a rabbit run in their garden:evil::evil::evil:! One of those wooden/wire 4 foot by 4 foot ones sold at P@H.

I am so upset. I didn't see a rabbit inside it - I hope not - it was awful weather. Joey was kept indoors whilst living there anyway. But either way - unless their little boy has miraculously learnt not to open hutches and their dog has learnt not to chase rabbits - I can just see the same thing happening....stupid stupid people!!!! :evil:

Oh God .... :shock:

It is annoying, but keep an eye on the little bun that ends up there and hopefully you can offer some friendly advice! I know how you feel as the neighbours at the back of our house have two rabbits that they put in one of those 4x4 PAH runs - definitely not enough space.

They may have gone guinea pig instead of rabbit if you haven't seen a bun in the run yet. Still the same issue applies!!! So frustrating.

Oh dear, people have such short memories don't they. I've known of people like this (as I expect most people have!).

We've got padlocks on our hutch / run, so my three year old can't just let them out x

Is there a possibility they might be looking after it for a friend while they're away? Hopefully that's the case anyway!

I spoke with another of my neighbours this morning - she is a right old gossip (well young gossip :lol:)...I've asked her to find out what the story is. She talks to everyone and everything so she's got her sleuthing hat on for me:D

Back