• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a threesome - same as a pair?

Fellie

Warren Veteran
My intention was to bond Joey and Bobo - two boys, but have been bottling out of it - mainly because Joey has managed to get into a Bobo's pen a couple of times, and a big fight has kicked off...I don't think Bobo likes having another rabbit fall from the sky into his life :lol:

Anyway = we now also have Frankie a little Nethie doe...so my big plan is to bond the 3 of them:shock: - the thought terrifies me:(

Previously - we've done the slow bonding method - letting the 2 rabbits in question out together for a bit each day, and just closely monitoring them and separating if necessary (never was) and this has always worked for us.

But we are in the house now and the set up doesn't allow for this - well it does - but it just wouldn't be as easy to move around to get to potential problems. So I will be doing the neutral area (my bathroom) and small space way of bonding.

With a threesome - are there any other things I need to be aware of?

When I bonded my trio, I kind of just threw them all together (not literally!), separated any bad chasing and was just patient until they bonded. To be honest I started it really early one morning, and by 11pm I was confident enough to leave them and go to bed (with jingly balls on the side of the pen and the doors all open incase something did kick off!) but I had only had to intervene twice and that was within the first couple of hours - and by late evening most of the chasing and mounting had subsided and they were all lay next to each other. I kept them in the small space for about 3 days to make sure they were bonded and then moved them out to the kennel.

Back