• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Painting & decorating

MiniC

Wise Old Thumper
A few rooms in our flat are in desperate need of a lick of paint – bathroom, hallway and living room - I’m not sure how to do it safely for the bunnies though. They’re in our living room at the moment, and we can always put them in the spare room for a few days, but will the fumes be a problem? Would it be safer to book them to a boarding centre for a few days? Are there certain brands of paint to avoid?

We painted the spare room with the girls still here but we just kept them shut in their room while painting and didn't let them access the room for 2 weeks.

We're due to do their room & the hall/living room so interested to see if there is a paint out there with less fumes so we don't have to pay to board them.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We're wondering the same at the moment. Particularly with regard to whether to get another hamster or get the hall/stairs decorated (realistically, I suspect we'll get another hamster instead!), as the last room we had done really smelled afterwards.

I find Crown paint doesn't smell quite so strongly, and the room smells normal again after a few days. But then my nose isn't as delicate... I'm glad others have managed to paint with rabbits in the house, that's something. Maybe just a case of moving them to a different room for the week... Hopefully someone who has painted a bunny room sees this soon!

We decorated our whole house when we moved in with house bunnies, we just moved them to a room away from the paint. So they had the spare room upstairs while we done the downstairs and shut them in the front room or kitchen while we did upstairs as well as putting towels underneath the door to stop fumes coming through

We decorated our whole house when we moved in with house bunnies, we just moved them to a room away from the paint. So they had the spare room upstairs while we done the downstairs and shut them in the front room or kitchen while we did upstairs as well as putting towels underneath the door to stop fumes coming through

Great idea for using towels! I'll do that :)

Back