• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Surprise Addition

lenslady

Alpha Buck
As some may know, we originally had 3 Buns but we sadly lost Gypsy our French Lop girl a few weeks back to severe bloat, she was almost 2, very young :cry:.

I got in touch with her previous owner to let her know as I thought it only fair to tell her, also I wanted to ask if she had seen a lot of this condition with her Buns, luckily she had only ever seen one case of it in the 20+ years of owning Rabbits. She replied with condolences and of course wanted to know about Bo, gypsy's younger brother. I emailed her some images over the weekend and explained that he was in good health and now castrated. Then out of the blue yesterday afternoon I got a phone call to say that she would like to offer us another Rabbit (Doe) as she felt guilty over gypsy and how it had left my kids really upset. Anyway I went down to see her and I found out some important information, I found out that Gypsys litter sister had also passed away with a prolapsed womb so its possible Gypsy might have had issues. Anyway went to see her and met the baby, how could I say no! She is adorable. She is a black butterfly. She is 3/4 weeks old and ready to come home on the 12th of June. I am so excited but nervous too. The kids do not know as its a surprise for them. I am a glutton for punishment but there is no way I could turn down her offer. She is nameless at the moment x

I've often thought of you and your rabbits. So, so sorry to hear you lost your beautiful Gypsy. Good luck with the new addition, though! :)

Thanks so much everyone ☺. She is beautiful isn't she 💜💜. She will never replace our big, beautiful, Gypsy Queen but its really lovely to have 3 buns again. Possible trio in the making or a wife-bun each for the boys?😊. Xx

I couldn't have said no to her, she is beautiful. She was so happy to be cuddled by me (not me in the picture) and already likes her ears stroked, she is so soft and gentle natured. So far as far as names go, we kinda all like "Butterfly" I think it kinda suits her, so we will probably stick with it but we will see. Gosh it really brings back memories choosing names, Rip my poor Gypsy Queen, miss her so much! x xx :love:

Last edited:
Back