• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Emergency vet called - U/D - She's gone

MrsCoultas

Mama Doe
Poppy has been really off today, thought she was sulking, she won't even eat banana. I'm scared and can't stop crying, I've covered her with a towel to keep her warm, is there anything else I can do until the vet arrives?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It may just be that her paw is hurting her. I hope the vet arrives soon and finds out what the problem is. Lots of vibes for Poppy.

Firstly I hope that Poppy is ok. Have you tried giving her some nice, strong smelling herbs like mint or coriander? If anything can tempt my boys it's coriander!
I know that there is nothing worse than seeing your pet poorly but all you can do is try and get her to eat and keep her warm and calm until the vet arrives!
Try and keep calm yourself also, she needs you :)
Lots of vibes and let us know how you get on xxx

She's just started grinding her teeth, she's in pain. Vet just text to say he'll be 30 minutes. She's making gurgling noises too. I feel so helpless, what have I done to her

You have done absolutely nothing. I promise it's not your fault! You've realised there's a problem, called the vet and help is on the way. That's all anyone can do :) You are doing a great job xxx

She's just started grinding her teeth, she's in pain. Vet just text to say he'll be 30 minutes. She's making gurgling noises too. I feel so helpless, what have I done to her

It's nothing you've done! You've done the right thing calling the vet - best of luck I hope it's nothing too serious xx

Thank you all for your support. Vet has just left and all is ok. He said that it feels like she has an intestinal infection and it was only going to get worse if I waited it out. So it's a week of painkillers and antibiotics. She's only slightly dehydrated, so to try giving her a bit of water. I've got some rescue food from when she was spayed that she didn't need, should I give her some now? She's going to the vets on Monday anyway to get her nails clipped so I'll get them to check her over again. Thank you all so, so much, I am so lucky to be part of such a wonderful community x

I am pleased that the vet didn't think it was too serious and also that Poppy will be seen again tomorrow. Regarding the syringe feeding, if Poppy is still not eating I would definitely give her some to keep her guts working. Hopefully the pain relief will help her appetite.

She is eating like a trooper! I left her surrounded by her favourite treats and most were gone this morning, she ate half of her breakfast in one go too. Thank you all for your support. After spending most of the night hiding in her wooden hut, I found them like this

13078304_10156896296535068_1592463311_o.png

Pleased to hear Poppy is eating normally and they obviously like to be "together" so maybe this illness was getting in the way of them bonding.

I checked bunnycam at 4am and she had come out of her hut and they were together then. I'm hoping by next week she will be back to her usual 'Princess Poppy' next week :)

Back