• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding

xxx_Ra_xxx

Warren Scout
So I am heading on my holidays in July and want somewhere nice for my rabbits to go. I live in Northern Ireland so there isn't very many places that offer this service. I found this place it is a around an hours drive away. I just want to know what you think and also when they go somewhere will they be happy enough to feed them the way I feed them etc? Thanks :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Here's the place http://www.thecottage-cattery.co.uk/about.html

So I am heading on my holidays in July and want somewhere nice for my rabbits to go. I live in Northern Ireland so there isn't very many places that offer this service. I found this place it is a around an hours drive away. I just want to know what you think and also when they go somewhere will they be happy enough to feed them the way I feed them etc? Thanks :thumb::thumb::thumb:

In all honesty no, I would not be happy to board my Rabbits there. They do not insist on vaccinations and they have grass based runs, meaning it is impossible for the runs to be disinfected between use. Both pose a significant health risk.

I would not be happy with the Eglu housing either

Could you hire a House/Pet Sitter instead ? Someone who would care for your Rabbits in your home whilst you are away ?

There is no one around my area that offers this service. [emoji24] there is another place that offers board. Inside runs made of wood and insists that you have the vaccination. Would that be better? Or I will have to see what else I can come up with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I note that it's primarily a cattery?

If there were a dedicated rabbit boarding service I would be happier ... Good luck in your quest x

Well the other choice is I leave them in my back hall/ kitchen and my mum can call in everyday to feed them! Means they don't get the garden. But are able to stay at home!! Sounds the only way to me!!

Well the other choice is I leave them in my back hall/ kitchen and my mum can call in everyday to feed them! Means they don't get the garden. But are able to stay at home!! Sounds the only way to me!!

The way to go is what you feel comfortable and happy with. If that's them being at home, I'm sure they will manage without the garden for a short spell :D

The way to go is what you feel comfortable and happy with. If that's them being at home, I'm sure they will manage without the garden for a short spell :D

I think it's for the best, I have plant pots with grass and I will start growing more for while I am away.

Rabbit boarding in Cambridgeshire

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are going away for about a week in July/Aug and are looking for bunny boardings.
I have seen couple of post highly recommending rabbit residence rescue in Royston, however, they seem very busy and can't quite get back to me yet while I have to make arrangement soon.#
Anyone have any reviews for Heathlands Animal Sanctuary, Royston? Or any other boarding place I could look at?

We have 4 lovely boys who live with a chinchilla, Missi. They enjoy the company of each other and often find them cuddling together. I am hoping I could find good hands who knows them well and can let them stay together.
12552824_10156573431370089_34894133070195174_n.jpg
12631428_10156598473670089_6014941678479307427_n.jpg
12512539_10156573431470089_8074624272896338872_n.jpg

P.S. I know a lot of people don't recommend housing chinchilla and rabbits together. Somehow they got on very well and Missi is very healthy and energetic and doesn't let the boys make her feel small at all. She makes sure she is heard and understood. XD

Ref.: http://rabbit.org/worlds/

Back