• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would a rabbit chew a paddling pool?

Clover

New Kit
My rabbit is so lucky to be alive. My fault I never even thought about it. I have had my bunny nearly a year. I have an inflatable hot tub which I just set up In the garden and I found my bunny chewing the cable he went right through to the copper ! Luckily I caught him in the act and he is fine. I have had the cable repaired and managed to get the cable out of sight to the bunny. But now I'm concerned as to weather he will chew on the hot tub its self it's just like a big paddling pool.what do you think? Has anyone's bunny chewed on a paddling pool? Please let me know your views?

I'm glad he's ok - they are terrible for finding the one thing they shouldn't be chewing and nibbling it! I think it's certainly a possibility he would chew the tub itself - they tend to test things out with their teeth. You could look at wire fold up puppy pens, that would be easy to put around it and stop him getting close enough to chew.

That's what I was thinking . As although he has a big hutch with a big run under and a long side it when I'm home I like to let him have full run of the garden but I can't afford for him to damage it. Thank you x

My Buns would probably chew it! They love wires and anything that they arnt allowed. Mine have caused a fair bit of damage in the past and probably a few hundred pounds worth ;(. Could you put some mesh around it, which might deter them xx

Back