• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Babies!

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Had a call from a lady who had been left with 3 rabbits in a small double decker hutch. She quickly realised one was the male who had fathered a litter before..long story but the owner is abroad having medical procedures and previously had let rabbits breed..so she split the hutch and put male below. Got more cross she had been left with them and the hutch was much too small so, with owners persmission rang me to take in. I said we had no space at present.
She rang me again a few days later to say she had found a nest with 6 babies, one died the next day. So round I went to assess.
5 little babies in a very small 4 foot hutch with their mum and 7 month old sister. Both adults jumping all over babies and knocking them all over the place..hardly any nest and greatly at risk.
So this morning I had a move around and went and fetched the does and the kits..
Worried to move the nest but so far so good
Here is nest of babies..dark as no flash
I have named them and hope they live to suit their names..one is very thin and runty :(
From top left and clockwise Picnic , Dolphin, Seashore, Beach and Journey

and here is mum sussing out the newly moved nest, She is now named Seaside

and the 7 month old daughter/sister now named Shell

Last edited:
Awwwwwww what an ordeal for the little Rabbit family :( Hopefully they will all thrive now they are receiving appropriate care.

I like the Summer at the Seaside name themes !

Will Dad be Pier ? Or Mr Morecambe ! :lol:

I am sending lots of vibesfor the little ones, hope they all make it and get strong and healthy.
Mother and daughter look like they are in need of some TLC as well.

Well done for rescuing them. They would have not had a happy ending where they were.

So glad you managed to get them out of their previous home, they are all gorgeous :)

All babies doing well today and mum and older girl also fine..eating as if they've been starved. I don't think they've had the apporpriate food so are tucking into forage and their pellets and mix .

and Jane..Dad is going to be Barnacle :lol:

Last edited:
Poor things: they are absolutely gorgeous, the lot of them! Best wishes for their health and swift, good homes (for all Honeybunnies!).

Poor rabbits. So pleased they are with you now. I love the name Barnacle :love: But I think he should be Mr Barnacle!

All babies doing well today and mum and older girl also fine..eating as if they've been starved. I don't think they've had the apporpriate food so are tucking into forage and their pellets and mix .

and Jane..Dad is going to be Barnacle :lol:

Ha ha, Barnacle Bill :lol:

Oh my word, what a dramatic start for those kits! Mum and older sister/aunt/who knows are both beautiful too.

The mum/sister and all babies are doing well and babies have just opened their eyes :love:
but the lady has rung to tell me they have given the dad away..just hope it's a good home :(

Back