• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Noisy Tummy??

Colly

Warren Scout
Hi all, I've noticed over the last few days Obi has a really rumbly tummy, it's so noisy? He's seems fine in himself, I just wondered if there was anything I should look for or consider?? Thanks in advance!:D

Phoebe has always had a very noisy tummy. I've never really been too concerned and the vets never seem to think it's an issue.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Is Obi out grazing a lot. Grass is very rich at the moment and in some Rabbits this can cause a lot more gas. Many Rabbits will 'gurgle' after drinking.

If Obi's input and output is 100% normal and he is fine within himself I doubt there is much to worry about. I'd just keep an eye on him, as I am sure you will x

Hi both, thank you so much! He's an indoor, but he has been eating a lot of a rich green hay which I think has made his tummy gurgle more than usual...I'll keep a check on him, thanks again :wave:

Hi all, I've noticed over the last few days Obi has a really rumbly tummy, it's so noisy? He's seems fine in himself, I just wondered if there was anything I should look for or consider?? Thanks in advance!:D

It's probably nothing to worry about, but keep an eye out for reduced poo output which could indicate gut slowdown.

Hi, thanks for that. I have noticed quite a bit of white toothpaste like stuff where Obi pees, I'm guessing this is sludge as he has been eating a lot of alfalfa hay over the last week...this could also explain the grumbling tummy.....so taken the alfalfa hay away now....😔

Hi, thanks for that. I have noticed quite a bit of white toothpaste like stuff where Obi pees, I'm guessing this is sludge as he has been eating a lot of alfalfa hay over the last week...this could also explain the grumbling tummy.....so taken the alfalfa hay away now....😔

It's not necessarily sludge, so don't worry :D It's excess calcium, passing through, which is good.

However, unless they are baby rabbits, I would ration the alfalfa hay. It's also very fattening x

ohhh....well that explains it as he is looking a bit on the tubby side!!....I'll defo ration, he'll be annoyed! :)

Back