• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr........

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Classic story.

A really good friend of mine. A guy, reptile enthusiast with many snakes, has just come into possession of a single female rabbit that his sister in law bought on a whim then couldn't keep :evil: He's got 2 young kids who obviously wanted it :roll: Aswell as the snakes he has a dog, who hunts rabbits in the field behind their house. They've called the poor thing,who incidentally is in a tiny hutch in the garden on her own, "snakebait".

Seriously, where do I start?? This guy has been one of my best friend since we were 12 (32 now) so I've got to tread carefully. I told myself I'd stay out of it but that's not going to happen!

ETA. I should say that the "snakebait" thing, while tasteless, is a joke. He would never feed her to his snakes. He just has NO idea what he's got himself into.

Maybe offer him some info? Rwaf do a hutch is not enough leaflets, maybe give him one of them and just say you don't feel the cage she has is enough under UK law?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yeh I have given a fair bit of advice and sent them pictures of my set up. I think he's a bit annoyed at me and thinks I am too obsessed with my buns. His reaction was "Sounds like a lot of work I might just feed her to the snake" :roll:

His wife is a sweetheart though so hopefully she will read it and take it on board :)

Back