• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Metal Panels

Julia25

Alpha Buck
Sorry for asking so many question :oops::roll:

For those who free range their buns i know many of you use puppy panel, however i find that they can be quite flimsy the bigger they get.

I found this one youtuber who, what it looked like, used welded mesh panels attached together to section of the rabbits free ranging. Now what are your thoughts on these, do you think puppy panels are better and cheaper?

In my opinion they seem sturdier...may be wrong, opinions please :wave:

Sorry for asking so many question :oops::roll:

For those who free range their buns i know many of you use puppy panel, however i find that they can be quite flimsy the bigger they get.

I found this one youtuber who, what it looked like, used welded mesh panels attached together to section of the rabbits free ranging. Now what are your thoughts on these, do you think puppy panels are better and cheaper?

In my opinion they seem sturdier...may be wrong, opinions please :wave:

I use puppy panels as they are so cheap but you absolutely cannot put them in one straight line unless they are tied next to something, otherwise they fall over. To get around this I just put a slight angle where each puppy panel joins onto another and I find this a lot sturdier. (I use them with my 1.2kg Nethie though so if a rabbit that is a lot heavier jumps up at them they might not work so well) I can't comment on the mesh panels because I haven't used them, however I would have thought they would be more expensive.

I've got some 2' and 4' tall puppy panels outside. The 2' ones are much more stable in a straight run of 4 or 5, but they have a full length ground stake at the end of each section.

The 4' ones have to be zig-zagged or they wobble - a lot. They are one long line of jointed panels with no stakes, so are much less stable on their own.

Back