• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Forage & Garden Plant ID Days May22 and June 12 2016. Last few places!!!

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Forage (and Garden) Days are Here Again. .

Want to learn more about what to forage for your rabbit?

How to recognise the best wild plants?

How to recognise the toxic plants?

Where different plants grow?

What is best for garden planting? and what not to plant?

AND having fun meeting other rabbity people in small friendly groups, and eating lots of yummy food?

Then sign up for one of this spring/summer forage days held near in the very small village of Denton (just south west of Peterborough), 10 mins from the A1 but totally rural and extremely delightful!

Run by Twigs Way (author of RWA booklet Foraging for Rabbits and the planned ‘Gardening for Rabbits’).

DATES AVAILABLE SUNDAY 22 MAY AND SUNDAY 12 JUNE

Both dates will be 11am to 4pm with lunch and teas provided. Both dates will include forage and garden plants and be very hands on!!

Charge £35 INCLUDES teas/lunches/cake
(all food vegetarian; please contact in advance for vegan)

CONTACT
Twigs Way BY EMAIL direct please at twigsway@me.com (or send a PM to parsnipbun on here including your email please)

Last edited:
PS MODS - if this is not in the right place please do move it!! Its not really a fundraiser - although funds will go to Parsley Piert Parcels vets bills - so I put it here. Though it could go in diet I guess??

PS MODS - if this is not in the right place please do move it!! Its not really a fundraiser - although funds will go to Parsley Piert Parcels vets bills - so I put it here. Though it could go in diet I guess??

I have flagged it up for mods attention as to where best, hope it is a lovely day for you all

I'm really really keen :wave:

And of course I won't be able to forget my packed lunch this time, cos Twigs will have it :lol:

Dear Scrappy's Little Helper - we can arrange collection and drop off at the train station (Peterborough) for you - which is about 20mins drive away. We dont have any public transport to the village.

If anyone else wants to come by train we can co-ordinate!

Dear Scrappy's Little Helper - we can arrange collection and drop off at the train station (Peterborough) for you - which is about 20mins drive away. We dont have any public transport to the village.

If anyone else wants to come by train we can co-ordinate!

That would be great, thank you! I'll drop you a PM now with my e-mail address for the booking.

2 hours and 50 minutes away ... 11 hours away from the bunnies. If it was just the five hours for the event it would be doable but the travel time as well *sigh*

It would be good to offer more than dandelions and raspberry leaves!

I know how you feel bunnybuddy. I just did a bunny run of four hours each way. Is there anyone who could bunny sit.

I know how you feel bunnybuddy. I just did a bunny run of four hours each way. Is there anyone who could bunny sit.

Sadly not, not to leave them for that length of time. I'm more paranoid than usual having dealt with blockage (surgical) and liver torsion in last 2 weeks, I daren't leave them with someone who wouldn't spot 'the signs'. That said, I could do with another day out with 'rabbity people' more than ever!

Last edited:
Just giving this a gentle Bump -

We can collect from peterborough railway station (and drop off) if people dont have cars or would prefer not to drive that far.

The day will look at foraged wild plant ID and ALSO identifying some good and bad garden plants!

Very hands on! AND you get to keep all the forage you find! (we give away sacks!)

email me on twigsway@me.com or PM me with your email.

BOTH DAYS RUNNING _ 22 May still has several spaces, 12 June getting full - maybe one or two spaces. Maximum numbers on both days is 15 people as its very hands on and I like to do small groups!

I'd really like to come again as a refresher and see if I can add to my repertoire but as spaces are limited and I can only do 12 June so feel like I ought to give those who haven't been yet an opportunity to go!

Back