• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lopsy's moult

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
I don't remember Lopsy's winter-to-summer moult being this bad last year, and Aboleth's was fine. He's sort of done two moults: one superficial one with Aboleth, and now he's going whole-hog, poor kid. The pale halo is his super-thick winter undercoat:

ChYNE3uW0AAtm2j.jpg

He's decided to let me brush him (eventually), and I spend about 5mins each time before he gets really fed up or goes really static-y, whichever is sooner. This is during his second brush today. There's tons of undercoat coming out with each stroke (and I'm glad it's a bit breezy today! :lol:) but my old hairbrush seems to manage it really well. It's not a 'normal' hairbrush, I hasten to add: I'm rather specific about my hairbrushes!

I just hope it all comes out smoothly!

Aww he looks good despite of mid moult, hope you chuck the fuzz out for the birds, they are all nesting now. I could only groom my bridge boy rio he was a white tri colour lop. I used to hang the fuzz on the shrubs and the wee birds would come and collect it instantly. Warm rabbit fluff. I have to say his wifie cleo wouldn't let me near her, only her husbun could groom her, she was a madam.

Aww he looks good despite of mid moult, hope you chuck the fuzz out for the birds, they are all nesting now. I could only groom my bridge boy rio he was a white tri colour lop. I used to hang the fuzz on the shrubs and the wee birds would come and collect it instantly. Warm rabbit fluff. I have to say his wifie cleo wouldn't let me near her, only her husbun could groom her, she was a madam.
I let it fly in the wind! I sweep their carpeted windowsill weekly at the moment and stuff it all into a bird cake feeder I useed to use as a hay dispenser :)

He's doing alright: getting plenty of exercise and hay, although eating less hay as it's grass season, but makes up for it with the exercise, especially when I'm trying to brush him in the open area :lol:

Poor Lopsy was right off yesterday evening :( The sudden rise in temperature has not been comfortable for him. He was sprawled out in the house, lying down, getting up, lying down again, moving about... If he wasn't picking up bits of hay and scoffing it, I'd've been worried about stasis. Poor kid. Even Aboleth had very warm ears (not like dangerously hot, but very warm). I told them outside was cooler than in their house but they didn't believe me :roll:

Brushing twice a day minimum now: it doesn't get a huge amount out but it gets everything that will come. Everything's moving normally gut-wise (not even getting poo-strings) but it's hard to see him so uncomfortable :(

My Theo is moulting too but he won't let me brush him! He attacks the brush and thinks it's a game, he's the same with a sweeping brush too! I have to slyly tease out loose fur when I give him cuddles!

My Theo is moulting too but he won't let me brush him! He attacks the brush and thinks it's a game, he's the same with a sweeping brush too! I have to slyly tease out loose fur when I give him cuddles!
Lopsy gets proper grumpy and sits in a corner where I can't easily reach him: I use food to keep him in one place because he likes food more than he dislikes brushing! I do grab a few loose tufts when I can too.

My bridge boy rio was a total carpet slob, he used to get the odd tufts of matted fur, I gently got them off
I remember years ago as a new bunny owner I took rio down to the vet for a claw trim i was so worried he had a wonky broken toe. Turned out to be a mat of fur,lol

Back