• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If I wasn't so phobic of driving outside my 'safe zone'....

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
If I wasn't so phobic of driving outside my 'safe zone'.... RIP Eclipse

... I'd probably be enquiring about this little guy:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/rabbits/male-english-lop-rabbit-with-cage-for-sale/1163891072

It's probably not sensible or healthy, I know having another black lop in my life won't bring back Anarchy, just same as having Anarchy didn't bring back Artie. It seems to help me with the grief. He looks a lovely little soul.

I'm thinking of bonding Eloise with the big sable bunny so no need to find her a companion....

Last edited:
Aww bless :love: he does look lovely :love: how about trying to arrange a bunny run :thumb:

Aww bless :love: he does look lovely :love: how about trying to arrange a bunny run :thumb:

I have thought about it. I can't decide if I'm being rational. I'd be better taking on a female than a male at the moment but it took me 6 months to track down Anarchy when I was looking for a black lop in rescue/genuine rehome situation. Sometimes just mending your heart maybe is in order instead of being rational/sensible?

I have thought about it. I can't decide if I'm being rational. I'd be better taking on a female than a male at the moment but it took me 6 months to track down Anarchy when I was looking for a black lop in rescue/genuine rehome situation. Sometimes just mending your heart maybe is in order instead of being rational/sensible?

I always go on heart mending rather than being rational or sensible. Gives you something positive to think about in my opinion :)

he looks adorable. id say go with your heart on this one. as long as you have a plan for if bonding him with another rabbit straight away doesnt go to plan and you can still keep him anyway, he gets a loving home and doesnt have to be lonley xx

If you would be better off taking a female than a male, then my personal view (and I am often in this situation, sadly) is to wait a little while and see what your 'rational' self thinks after 2/3 days ....

He's lovely though, and of course he deserves a good home too :love:

If you would be better off taking a female than a male, then my personal view (and I am often in this situation, sadly) is to wait a little while and see what your 'rational' self thinks after 2/3 days ....

He's lovely though, and of course he deserves a good home too :love:

Yeah, I would be taking the bunny on for me not for the bunny, though he would be better off than about 70% of the other offers he's likely to get, that still doesn't make it right. I just want Anarchy back and getting this bunny won't make that happen :cry:

Hi, I just wanted to say how sorry I am about your loss. I wonder if you need a little more time to come to terms with what has happened. However, if you think that this new rabbit will help, then you should do what feels right. Do you know if he is still available? X

Thanks. The ad is still up with doesn't necessarily mean he's still available, but my best indication.

I just look at that bunny and love him so much. There is something about him.... I think that will always be a black lop thing for me though. I actually cried when I met Anarchy. He was at a Bunny Camp Sanctuary open day, I wasn't looking to adopt, just going to support the sanctuary. Within one minute of seeing Anarchy (then Anakin) my heart was racing and I asked if I could adopt him. The fact that he had the initial A seemed to be some kind if sign. Then I gave him a nose rub and started crying like a loon as it was so special that I'd found my black lop :love: I felt a right wally being so emotional :oops: People I'd never met before were hugging me :oops: Only 30 months later and he's gone :cry::cry:

It's sounds like when you know, you know! If you think he's right for you, is getting there a possibility? Are there any RU'ers in that area. I'm miles away or would definitely help!

I'm sorry you lost Anarchy so soon, but it sounds like you loved him so much, so he must have had a wonderful life with you x

My advice is to arrange to get him, somehow or other. I think if you don't you will always wonder. But then I am a person who has always done things on impulse, never really wanted to wait to think things over, because I've always known.

My advice is to arrange to get him, somehow or other. I think if you don't you will always wonder. But then I am a person who has always done things on impulse, never really wanted to wait to think things over, because I've always known.

Yeah, I think I am too. I SHOULD be able to go and get him though, I shouldn't need to trouble anyone else with it. However I braved going to Rochdale a couple of months ago and it was a stress I'll never forget, I got properly lost. Rochdale is only about half the distance/stress of Salford.... :(

Yeah, I think I am too. I SHOULD be able to go and get him though, I shouldn't need to trouble anyone else with it. However I braved going to Rochdale a couple of months ago and it was a stress I'll never forget, I got properly lost. Rochdale is only about half the distance/stress of Salford.... :(

Do you have a sat nav? I remember doing my very first ever motorway drive 12 years ago, no sat nav and no map. It was hundreds of miles and took me 9 hours and I got lost at the end :shock:

If you want him, you can do it. But do you really want *him* ??

If you decide on him, and he's available - he will probably be the right bunny for you. If he's not, then my thinking is it wasn't meant to be.

Make enquiries? Good luck :D

I'm sure Salford is just off the motorway, we stayed at a hotel there once and it was easy to get to. I reckon if he's available and you want him you can do it. Satnav or maps on a smart phone would help. Can you take someone along with you for company?

If you really want him I will pick him up for you and meet you within your safe zone xxx

Thank you that's a really lovely offer. I'm going to take a few days. I'm taking Anarchy to the crem today, I still have the stress of Barnaby's recovery. I have to do a shed load of work in the next couple of days that I should have been doing last week but had more urgent things to deal with!. If the bunny is still available by about Weds/Thurs and my mind is clearer, *if* I decide to offer him a him I will take you up on your offer. This of course is based on an assumption that the home I'm offering suits the present owners as he would have to live outdoors and they may not be happy with that.

Thank you that's a really lovely offer. I'm going to take a few days. I'm taking Anarchy to the crem today, I still have the stress of Barnaby's recovery. I have to do a shed load of work in the next couple of days that I should have been doing last week but had more urgent things to deal with!. If the bunny is still available by about Weds/Thurs and my mind is clearer, *if* I decide to offer him a him I will take you up on your offer. This of course is based on an assumption that the home I'm offering suits the present owners as he would have to live outdoors and they may not be happy with that.

Sounds like a great plan to me .. :)

Back