• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to go about bonding Peanut?

jemjabella

Mama Doe
Now that Peanut is starting to settle in, is completely moved over to the science selective pellets and is eating lots of readigrass/some hay/occasional veg I am happy to start thinking about getting him a friend.

However he is grumpy! His early life was not good - he was shut away in a dark cage with only a bowl of muesli for company. He's curious but cautious and grunts and pushes away if you get too close unless it's strictly under his terms, and I'm not sure how this is going to affect finding him a friend? Should I be looking to find someone equally shy so as not to overwhelm him, or should I be looking for a bunny that's a bit more boistrous to bring him out of his shell?

Maybe I'm overthinking and I just need to get stuck in... any tips for bonding grumpy buns most appreciated :lol:

I've got a grump of a Bun too and when the time comes I think I'm just going to take him to a rescue and let him choose his own partner :) Assuming he even wants one... stroppy little monkey :lol:

Still on the fence about how to go about bonding Peanut. In the mean time, here's a picture:

13129572_166679120398663_1780626026_n.jpg

I'd let him chose if you're able to give him that choice. Otherwise I'd try to find a laid back, confident rabbit. One that isn't trying to get all the attention, but is happy to chill out while the world goes round and will approach you without concern.

(Hope I've made sense)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I guess I need to find out my closest rescue which will offer help with bonding then, and let him have his own way ;)

Back