• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Babies!!

k1984

Mama Doe
My fluffy rescue lion head (who I've nick-named Princess Powder-puff) has given birth this evening! (You'll be able to see more about her if you search my previous threads).
Completely unexpected and such a shock! She's been with just 3 weeks so must have been pregnant when she arrived. There had been no reports of her being near or with another rabbit and she was displaying no signs! What a shock!
She's built a very fluffy nest which seems very wiggly. There was one cold, but active kit out of the nest, so I rubbed my hands in Princess's toilet area (nice!), distracted her with a piece of carrot and popped the kit quickly back into the nest.

I've not moved, looked or done anything else as I feel that she needs to be left to it for a bit as its very recent that she's given birth!

Poor poor Princess!!!

Gosh what a shock for you!! Join the club - I've also had a rescue one come in who had babies last week!! Have you had babies before? If one of them was out of the nest, it sounds as if mum may have fed them, as they won't be mobile at that age and they most likely get out if they're still latched on when mum decides it's time to stop feeding. I'd make sure mum gets an enormous amount of food, they seem to get ravenous when they're lactating, so I free feed pretty much as much food as they can eat at the moment. All the best for mum and little ones, hope they're all ok x

Crikey, what a shock :shock: I hope all goes well with Mum and the little wiggly ones :)

Ahhh baby fluffies! How lovely...please post lots of picci's! Hope all is going well.

It was such a huge shock! Mummy is doing really well, and I came home to still see a warm, wiggly nest. There seems to be three babies (from what I can see), but time will tell as I'm not wanting to interfere too much as mummy Princess is managing so well on her own. I'm so proud of her :love:

Another day with a healthy, happy, warm and wiggling nest. What a fab mummy bun she is :love: ....plus, despite her new maternal duties, she hasn't forgotten me and still comes for her nose rubs and cuddles. She's an amazing bunny!

I've nicknames the babies my 'Grandbunnies'...as I was explaining to my hubby (who found it all amusing!), that as my bunnies (and Princess- mummy bunny) are my babies...then of course, these must be my grand- bunnies! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a few pics and video now I'll have to upload xxx

Back