• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Houdini bunny help

Theo

Warren Scout
Does any one know where I can get taller than usual puppy panels? I think the ones I have from Argos are 1m high and Theo is jumping over them most days now. I had to take him to the emergency vet on Saturday as he pulled down one side and it landed on him as he was jumping. I assume he got his foot caught which I am now paranoid about too!

The pen sections off 3/4 of the spare bedroom with my boyfriends work clothes rail on the other side (so they don't get fur on them!). If I can't find a more suitable pen I think I'll end up buying a wardrobe instead so the clothes remain fur free.

Lots of people attach an indoor cage/dog crate to a run made of metal panels you put together so you can make as large as you want. Can't remember what they are called - but examples on Indoor Housing.

Thanks for your quick replies...I have a few spare panels so I did wonder if I should try making a room but then I'd struggle to get in! The pen with a gate looks like a good idea, I'll have a look into that

I have spent all of today rearranging the room and taking down the puppy pen so Theo has the whole room to himself with the clothes rail to one side, will just have to see how it goes! He had been jumping in and out Numerous times a day anyway and the clothes have been fine so far! He's already loving the new room, running in and out!

I use something called the "superyard"...it is meant for toddlers and smaller children for their containment, so naturally Pip was able to even popcorn binky high enough that I saw her head peek over the top rail! :shock:
It still works really well for the other two though, the panels can sometimes be a challenge to put together, but it's sturdy as all get out!
http://www.amazon.com/North-States-Classic-Superyard-Portable/dp/B008NZ51S0/ref=sr_1_7_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1462227648&sr=1-7&keywords=north+states+superyard

Kinda pricey, I know, but it lasts, which has more than made up. ;)

Jenna (Yorkie) just climbed over when we used it for her upon her arrival here years ago. :? She preferred being on my bed. :roll:

I used to have the cubes for my indoor bunnies.. But beware they soon learn how to prise the panels apart as its not that difficult so you have to padlock and cable tie the whole thing!!! xxx

Back