• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Old conti?

Lea123

Young Bun
Hi

I am looking for some advice. I have an almost 6 year old male conti who recently lost his wife. I'm struggling to decide whether it is best to leave him as a single or look for a young or mature companion. Any thoughts?

Does anyone have or know of any conti's much older than 6? Everything I read suggests the 'average' of 5..... 😕

Thanks in advance

L

He seems fine in himself. He was quieter last week when she passed away, but now is pretty much back to normal. He's more demanding of attention from me but I'm happy to spoil him.

Just difficult to know what to do for the best....

I have a seven and a half year old conti. My last few barely made five so maybe he is the exception though. Moss is very sociable. He's never disliked a rabbit I have owned and always been easy to bond so for me it would be a no brainier. However I did have an elderly lion head who I left on her own when she got to nine and her partner died. She spent the next two years alone. She was fine and she did have Moss ( by a partition) so not totally alone but still.

Poor old man! Personally, I'd give it a little time to see how he goes. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back