• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The rescue is taking Molly back !

Pip&Milo

Warren Scout
So after the last few days of trying to get Milo & Molly back together I called the rescue today and they said they think I should bring her back.
It's been a difficult few days with short bursts of "Its all gonna be ok" but also with her continuing to be aggressive. She's attacked Milo a few times, including mounting and biting him at athe same time and lunging at him through the bars of the pen. When I spoke to the rescue she agreed that it sounded bad and that because of our situation it was probably best that we brought her back.
My heart is breaking and I can't stop crying. I feel like I've failed and let her down. I know this is the right decision but how can it be the right decision when she ends up without a home.
I'm pretty sure i'm the worst person in the world....

So after the last few days of trying to get Milo & Molly back together I called the rescue today and they said they think I should bring her back.
It's been a difficult few days with short bursts of "Its all gonna be ok" but also with her continuing to be aggressive. She's attacked Milo a few times, including mounting and biting him at athe same time and lunging at him through the bars of the pen. When I spoke to the rescue she agreed that it sounded bad and that because of our situation it was probably best that we brought her back.
My heart is breaking and I can't stop crying. I feel like I've failed and let her down. I know this is the right decision but how can it be the right decision when she ends up without a home.

It feels to me, from what I've read of your situation, that it's the right decision.

It's really really hard, I know. I'm so sorry.

It doesn't mean she is without a home, because the Rescue may well decide that her future now is to be rehired as a single rabbit :)

I think you made the right judgement call. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you . Hopefully one day soon you'll hear a lovely update about Molly ruling the roost as a single house bunny. Don't beat yourself up for trying

Surely the rescue can rehome her? Dont worry. It isnt right for Milo to have such a fierce and unpredicatable partner.

I'm so sorry. It must be so difficult, but ultimately it sounds like the best decision for everyone. There's probably the perfect home somewhere for Molly where she can enjoy the single life. You tried x x

I'm so sorry it didn't work out, but I'm sure you are making the right decision for you all, I'm sure you will find a partner more suited to Milo, and hopefully Molly will find a home where she bonds with a different rabbit, or as a single house rabbit.

Hugs xx

Please don't think that. We don't know each other but this does not make you the worst person in the world. This doesn't even make you a bad person. In my opinion it means you are a great guardian to these rabbits because you were able to put emotion aside and realize this is potentially dangerous. Situations don't always work out and there is no guaranteed success when it comes to bonding bunnies.

I'm very sorry it didn't work out.

Back