• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There goes the litter tray again!

Does anybody know of any good heavy duty litter trays? Clayton's new thing is fighting with his litter tray and he sometimes uses it as a rag doll. I'd like to get him a new one! I will be going to either Jolleys or Pets at Home at some point tomorrow and I was wondering if any of you could give me some recommendations.

It depends how much space you have but many of us use the underbed storage boxes - PoundStretcher sell them as do Morrisons.

I use potting trays sold by garden centres.... just like this....

potting-tools-440x300.jpg

Big enough and with a high back, easy to step into for older and little buns and not flimsy at all... Very sturdy. I did pay £10 each ... BUT i doubt they will ever break or be chewed through lol

Also.. they are heavy, not easy to chuck around at all

Last edited:
Oooo... i love your idea Shayne, these would suit my buns outdoor areas perfectly. They like to sit and see out , when they're 'on the loo'
;)

Theyre big enough to potty and fully stretch out a normal sized bun and.. even a New Zealand white.. Felix would sprawl out in it and rest his chin on the edge. I use them indoors as "bun zones/pottys" with a little litter and hay against the high back end lmao

I took this pic the other day but it shows what i mean, this is one of the kitchen zones, a big potting tray in green and one of the standard trays (old though) in the corner

12998517_954264158026532_8176225326807588234_n.jpg

Last edited:
What a good idea - Benny tips his corner tray over all the time! The litter tray is kept in one of those cages with the plastic bottoms so at least it's easy to clear up and keeps the mess contained.

Back