• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6 week old bunnies

Marcella

New Kit
Hi when I've had my kits sex can I put male kits with there dad till they get rehomed or will he kill them ? Thanks for help x

personally I wouldn't recommend it, not only may he mount them etc, 6weeks is still young and mistakes on sexing can be made, you wouldn't want to risk putting any possible females in there, also it wouldn't be fare to put babies in with him expect him to accept and get used to them, then take them away

It won't be easy to sex 6 week old kits, some boys look very much like girls. I think also it would be risky putting them with Dad, he might not recognise them and attack them - I wouldn't chance it.

The should be able to sex the reliably at 8 weeks and then you have two weeks before they have to be apart. I'd suggest looking for home now on the grounds you probably have a mix of girls/boys and then when they are ready at eight weeks they'll have people waiting for them.

Back