• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit Savvy Vet needed in W. Midlands north of Birmingham.

Not sure how far north of birmingham is needed, but Sara Jones or Emily at Cheshire Pet in Holmes chapel Cheshire are excellent rabbit vets. Sara is currently looking g after Sparky after his seizure

I second Manor Vets (especially Edgbaston, the exotic branch). Marie is fantastic but is not around for much longer unfortunately. Molly Varga is also fantastic but currently only works Tuesdays - whether this will change with Marie leaving I'm not sure. After those two, the next exotics vet down is Sergio Silvetti - also fantastic, and has additional exotics qualifications. There is also several more exotics vets (Stephanie Jayson, Ben Duquemin and Jack Machale as well as Lindsay who is also leaving soon). I would trust any of the exotics vets with any ailment. Marie has been fantastic with my rabbit's very complex dental abscess but the rest of the team have dealt with various issues with both bunnies - stasis, snuffles, random weird things! Jack has dealt with snuffles/stasis a few times, Ben has done dentals on Nena a couple of times and very thoroughly explained to me all her teeth, Stephanie was my cover vet while Marie was on maternity leave a few years ago and dealt with the ongoing care for Nena's open abscess for many many months. All are very thorough and excellent. The reception team and vet nurses are also fantastic.

I saw Molly today for the first time and she was fantastic. My boy is really poorly but I firmly believe that if anyone can patch him up its her. She's very thorough and matter of fact but she was also very gentle with him. I know where I stand and I know that he will be in good hands.
She is in Birmingham tomorrow and when I rang earlier they had one appointment left for 9 am which I couldn't make so I went to Liverpool today instead. It may still be available. Xx

Just to say that I recommend Manor Vets at Edgbaston too. I travel about 15 miles to get there but it is worth the time and effort. I used to live in Kings Heath in Birmingham and White Cross vets there were very good too - that's going back 4 years though so I don't know if personnel there have changed. Good luck xx

Back