• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help !😢

Marcella

New Kit
My lionhead doe has had a litter of 7 bunnies, then had another 7 a month later which all have died bar one which I managed to save but I don't know weather I'm doing the right thing . I've been feeding it kitten milk with cream .will this be ok ? I've just tried to put it back with mum but she's not interested,I did this whilst the little ones where out in the garden . Please help I don't want it to die . I've just ordered some avipro as it said to add this to feed ??? HELP plzzzzz😫😫😫😫😫😩😩😩

Sorry no advice but didn't want to run, there are more experienced people on here that can help more,
bump!! x

My lionhead doe has had a litter of 7 bunnies, then had another 7 a month later which all have died bar one which I managed to save but I don't know weather I'm doing the right thing . I've been feeding it kitten milk with cream .will this be ok ? I've just tried to put it back with mum but she's not interested,I did this whilst the little ones where out in the garden . Please help I don't want it to die . I've just ordered some avipro as it said to add this to feed ??? HELP plzzzzz����������������

Was the Buck still with the Doe when she had her 2nd litter ? If so she may be pregnant yet again, as I guess you must know given what has already happened

With regards to hand rearing, it is often not successful but if you intend to continue to try then this link should be useful to read

http://cottontails-rescue.org.uk/health/hand-rearing/

My lionhead doe has had a litter of 7 bunnies, then had another 7 a month later which all have died bar one which I managed to save but I don't know weather I'm doing the right thing . I've been feeding it kitten milk with cream .will this be ok ? I've just tried to put it back with mum but she's not interested,I did this whilst the little ones where out in the garden . Please help I don't want it to die . I've just ordered some avipro as it said to add this to feed ??? HELP plzzzzz😫😫😫😫😫😩😩😩

PM Parsnipbun, and she may have some advice for you x

Good luck xx

Just feed the kitten milk, they can also have goats milk but don't feed cream made from cows milk.

Does mum have any milk? I imagine so if she's already rearing one litter. If so then you can help baby feed by holding it to a nipple. That will be better than any substitutes. Hold mum in a sitting position (distract with food) and hold the baby to her.

Back