• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

first bonding session - got on really well can i keep them together?

bunnies95

Young Bun
I've been bonding my bunnies alfie and barney, i took them outside into the run, they investigated eachother for about 10 mins and then they just started munching grass and i often see them chasing each other (playfully), they are still outside now and i don't know if i should clean the cages and let them stay together as thier bonding session has gone so well,...i know it can take a while for rabbits to bond but should i really split them up if they are getting along? you wouldnt do it with a dog. they are both neutered

I've been bonding my bunnies alfie and barney, i took them outside into the run, they investigated eachother for about 10 mins and then they just started munching grass and i often see them chasing each other (playfully), they are still outside now and i don't know if i should clean the cages and let them stay together as thier bonding session has gone so well,...i know it can take a while for rabbits to bond but should i really split them up if they are getting along? you wouldnt do it with a dog. they are both neutered

I wouldn't split them up :D

Sounds like all is going very well ... Just keep a close eye on them for the first 24/48 hours ...

Good luck xx

In my experience of bonding it all starts well then a few hours in is where it starts to heat up when they are trying to sort out the pecking order. So I would keep a very close eye still!

Back