• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Initiating snuggles with your bunny?

MiniC

Wise Old Thumper
I've been noticing the way our bonded bunnies snuggle up to each other, and know this is a sign they are bonded and happy together. It will sound daft, but last night I started wondering about joining in... so while they were snuggling under the coffee table, I gently slid off the couch and pressed a leg up beside one bun, who didn't seem to mind. I wondered if this is a bad idea though? Am I sending the wrong signals by doing this? Or do you think it could help our bunnies trust us more?

If they didn't move then I'm sure it didn't bother them :thumb: if you sit on the floor with them they may feel better about approaching you.

If they didn't move then I'm sure it didn't bother them :thumb: if you sit on the floor with them they may feel better about approaching you.

I spend hours on the floor with them, and they do approach me, but still a bit warily! I'm just considering ways to encourage their trust, so it sounds like this is worth continuing for a bit. I just worried "forcing" myself on them would put our relationship back a few steps! We've spent 7 months trying to get our super-shy bunny to let us stroke his side... I would hate to ruin it!

I think it depends a bit on the bun. I have one who'll jump up on my bed and snuggle in next to me, one that allows snuggling as long as I'm in an awkward position and can't pick her up, one that may or may not allow snuggles, and one that absolutely won't...

Back