• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Coconut Oil for Rabbits?

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Someone over on FB has suggested that I give Herbie coconut oil as he has his cancerous tumour. Now I know that this is not a cure for cancer, but I have just read a few pages and it seems that there have been some studies with coconut oil and cancer.

Has anyone ever given it to their rabbits, and if so, how much?

Thanks x

Someone over on FB has suggested that I give Herbie coconut oil as he has his cancerous tumour. Now I know that this is not a cure for cancer, but I have just read a few pages and it seems that there have been some studies with coconut oil and cancer.

Has anyone ever given it to their rabbits, and if so, how much?

Thanks x

I have had rabbits with cancer, and I wouldn't (personally) believe that it did any good. I have found things that worked and certainly reduced tumour size, but coconut oil wasn't one them, sad to say ...

Whilst the jury is out on the saturated fat debate with humans, I think with rabbits saturated fat is considered bad news. It's not something I'd want to give, personally.

Thanks, thought I would get some good answers on here :)

MightyMax, what have you found to work / reduce tumour size?

Back