• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Notice from Rabbit Residence <3

catxx

Mama Doe
Dear all

This is a note from all the Trustees of Rabbit Residence. We were informed this Monday that Caroline has taken leave of absence from the rescue and stepped down as front line manager for the time being. In light of this, we have put together a strategy to keep everything running smoothly and ensure Eleanor, our member of staff, is well supported by volunteers and trustees and keeps all the rabbits onsite happy and healthy.

We have a plan to keep everything running smoothly. We will still be looking for adoptive homes, now more so than ever, as we need to bring down the number of rabbits onsite to make it an easier job for Eleanor and the volunteers.

If you are currently holiday boarding with us, don’t worry! Your rabbits are just fine and are still receiving the same level of care. We will also honour all holiday bookings already made and continue holiday boarding in the future.

We may have to change our bonding processes. If you are thinking of having a bonding session with one of your rabbits or have a slot booked to do so, please do email us to discuss this.

We, of course, have lots of happy pairs who have been waiting far too long for new homes. If you were thinking about adopting, come forward!

We are also looking for foster homes in a roughly 1 hour radius of the rescue, we would love to have more foster families and you will have good support from the rescue if you would like to do that too.

And we need volunteers on site now, more than ever. If you can offer even just an hour or two to help with feeding, water, hay, cleaning, skip filling, please let us know. Or if you want to help in other ways such as fundraising, we have lots of plans there too.

Rest assured all the rabbits on site are being cared for to the same standard and we are pulling together to get the rescue moving forward.

Thank you
The Trustees

It's near Royston, Herts :)

Just seen you're in Cambridge, it's 20-30 minutes from you!!
Only half in Cambridge (when I work) rest of time am in Watford.
Let me see what my diary is like and I'll PM you soon if I can help :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

do you have any special needs rabbits that maybe need a special push on the adoption front? I know Caroline often had quite a few at the vets and some repeat visitors - may help top get some of them adopted via places like RU?

do you have any special needs rabbits that maybe need a special push on the adoption front? I know Caroline often had quite a few at the vets and some repeat visitors - may help top get some of them adopted via places like RU?

Definitely, need to look through everyone and have a think.

1 pair went to their new home yesterday (spoiled house bunnies)
2 pairs reserved
7 singles went down to The Warren Bunny Boarding in Sussex as they had a bonding waiting list, 5 are already reserved before they even arrived <3

Lovely to se you today when I dropped off the stable matting.

Rooney and Wilbur are both GORGEOUS!!! (and so are all the others of course). Rescue was looking fab!

We have people asking for does..and only one here who has attitude..so if they have any they would be wlling to transfer to us..we can home them..we homecheck and bond

I have emailed Amy about Wilbur and Rooney - EC etc hold no fears for us!

Does a little happy dance - both of those are lovely buns. Wilbur's a real softy so is one of my favourites although not when he's doing a dead bunny flop and doesn't move until you waft his dinner under his nose :D

1 pair went to their new home yesterday (spoiled house bunnies)
2 pairs reserved
7 singles went down to The Warren Bunny Boarding in Sussex as they had a bonding waiting list, 5 are already reserved before they even arrived <3

This was great news! Massive well done to Amy for organising it all. This will bring the number of buns in the rescue down to 194 :)

Back