• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help!!! Baby bunny...brown spot

MokiLove

New Kit
Hello! I was searching my baby bunny about 3-4 months old because he was itching. I found a small brown spot on his skin on his spine. There was no fur coming out of it and it was not a bump either. Any help on what this could be. Please help as I am worried. Thank you.

6svrt5.jpg

Has he had any injections/vaccinations over the last few weeks ?

It's not possible to say for certain what it is just from a photo. It could be that the dark area is what can occur during normal fur regrowth stages, the skin looks darker just before the new fur actually emerges

As you mention that he is itching a lot I would get him checked over for any sign of fleas/mites

Having a Vet look at the dark patch of skin at the same time. I really dont think it is anything serious, but the Vet can at least put your mind at ease. Also, if your Rabbiit is not yet vaccinated you could speak with the Vet about getting that done. Also discuss having him neutered, assuming he is a Pet Rabbit and not a Stud Buck

Good Luck x

Hello! I was searching my baby bunny about 3-4 months old because he was itching. I found a small brown spot on his skin on his spine. There was no fur coming out of it and it was not a bump either. Any help on what this could be. Please help as I am worried. Thank you.

6svrt5.jpg

Hi Mokilove and welcome to the Forum :wave:

I'm sorry to hear about your baby's itching.

Usually this sort of thing can be due to mites (fur mites) and is easily treated at the vets by a course of three injections (or spot ons) of Ivermectin, given two weeks apart.

Other than that, if he has had an injection - either a vaccination or an injection of antibiotic, that can cause a reaction sometimes on the skin which will result in loss of fur. To be honest I'm not sure if it looks like that.

Does your rabbit have a partner? It could be the partner has pulled out a clump of fur by mounting him?

Let us know what you find out when you visit your vet :wave:

Good luck xx

Thanks for the replies!!
He has not had any vaccinations. I plan on taking him to the vet this weekend. I noticed a little bit of fur growing out of it so I am hoping it's a fur regrow th spot . ����

Thanks for the replies!!
He has not had any vaccinations. I plan on taking him to the vet this weekend. I noticed a little bit of fur growing out of it so I am hoping it's a fur regrow th spot . ����

That's what it looks like to me :)

Thanks for the replies!!

Yes I agree with you, it didn't look like a vaccination spot to me as I said.

Good luck at the vet :D

Back