• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mouse's ears

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Can somebody tell why oh why my Pickle Mouse has taken to wearing her ears down lately. She is a lop cross but used to put her ears back when at rest.

She looks so silly! Not the best photo

IMG_2855_zps3khhk8kb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Can somebody tell why oh why my Pickle Mouse has taken to wearing her ears down lately. She is a lop cross but used to put her ears back when at rest.

She looks so silly! Not the best photo

IMG_2855_zps3khhk8kb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

"Oh Mum it's so tiring keeping them up and back! You should try it yourself some time"
... Mouse x

"Oh Mum it's so tiring keeping them up and back! You should try it yourself some time"
... Mouse x

lol. i just have a lazy & warm Mouse then:lol: On her first health check (we haven't had her a year & she has had five with us!) she had one slightly waxy ear & I was expecting them to say it had returned on Mondays health check. They were declared lovely & clean though (I'm hoping that is in part because Boo spends many hours with her tongue in there :lol:).

OH then goes on to share our (ie his) theory with the vet, that she is doing it cos Boo does. How embarrassing. Coming up will silly theories in the privacy of your own home is one thing but sharing them with the vet is another. He can stay in the waiting room next time

lol. i just have a lazy & warm Mouse then:lol: On her first health check (we haven't had her a year & she has had five with us!) she had one slightly waxy ear & I was expecting them to say it had returned on Mondays health check. They were declared lovely & clean though (I'm hoping that is in part because Boo spends many hours with her tongue in there :lol:).

OH then goes on to share our (ie his) theory with the vet, that she is doing it cos Boo does. How embarrassing. Coming up will silly theories in the privacy of your own home is one thing but sharing them with the vet is another. He can stay in the waiting room next time

What a lot of health checks - lucky Mousey :D And bad OH :lol:

This is what Tamsin says on her site:

Rabbits don’t sweat and they have very insulated fur, so the only way they have to cool is to divert more blood flow to their ears, where the fur is very thin. That’s why some rabbit’s ears lop in hot weather. When it gets warm, more blood flows through their ears to help with cooling, making them heavier, so they droop.

However, since you've had snow up there, I'm wondering how 'hot' the weather is for little Mouse :lol:

What a lot of health checks - lucky Mousey :D And bad OH :lol:

This is what Tamsin says on her site:

Rabbits don’t sweat and they have very insulated fur, so the only way they have to cool is to divert more blood flow to their ears, where the fur is very thin. That’s why some rabbit’s ears lop in hot weather. When it gets warm, more blood flows through their ears to help with cooling, making them heavier, so they droop.

However, since you've had snow up there, I'm wondering how 'hot' the weather is for little Mouse :lol:

the central heating is still on :oops: Maybe she is feeling all warm & fuzzy basking in Boos love & adoration:love:

the central heating is still on :oops: Maybe she is feeling all warm & fuzzy basking in Boos love & adoration:love:

Oh right :)

Well I've just had another word with Mouse (having to do Fred's job here!) and what she's saying is:

"If you insist on keeping the central heating on in hot weather then you can expect me to look as silly as Boo does then, can't you?"

:shock:

There's a good reason I don't take mine with me! :lol:

Its nothing we haven't said to her face...she is back off to Camp Nibble if this continues :lol:
LMAO Well, it's good that you're honest with them. I'm the same with mine!

:lol: I nearly spat out my coffee at that :lol:

Rabbits can tell when you're fibbing I reckon :) I am always honest with them
Mmm, when it's going-somewhere time it's always 'an adventure' not 'the vets' :lol: Last night's adventure was actually an adventure so hopefully they'll get the idea...!

Last night I told my bunnies I was off to get them a panacur shreddie, I got distracted & just came back with just a bowl of shreddies for myself. If looks could kill I'd not be typing this now

Last night I told my bunnies I was off to get them a panacur shreddie, I got distracted & just came back with just a bowl of shreddies for myself. If looks could kill I'd not be typing this now

For a moment there I thought you were treating yourself for E.C. as well :lol:

Is this a routine worming? :)

Back