• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning water bottles

Alicia

Mama Doe
How do you clean them? I just rinse with water but is there another way? I'm thoroughly cleaning everything today and just wondered if there's a better way to clean the bottles. They're not green or anything

I just rinse with water and clean the spout everyday then, once a week, I use hot water and washing up liquid and clean with a babies bottle brush.

If there is any green, due to our water I think?, I fill with a Milton solution and rinse thoroughly.

I buy pipecleaners from Ebay, and clean the spouts with them. I use my regular disinfectant (F10), and those cheapy 25p toothbrushes you can buy from supermarkets for the bottles themselves.

I always tear off a 2inch strip of kitchen roll, stuff this in the end and half fill with water then put your thumb over the open end and shake like mad, the bottle gets very very clean very quickly. The kitchen roll then comes out with the water as you'll see the end come out then gently pull it it comes out really easily : )) If it doesn't just fill with water again then tip it out the paper will follow. Easy peesy. this can also be done with news paper or anything like that.

We used to use baby's bottle brush and washing up liquid. Just make sure it's thoroughly rinsed after. :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

How do you clean them? I just rinse with water but is there another way? I'm thoroughly cleaning everything today and just wondered if there's a better way to clean the bottles. They're not green or anything

I use a drop of washing up liquid and a bottle brush. Rinse very thoroughly. They seem to be OK :)

Back