• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New invisarrival - the lovely Delilah: u/d 7 unexpected packages!!

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
So, last week I had a new invisarrival at invisabuns. Meet Delilah, her owner died so she needed somewhere to go and she found her way to me. And having read that last sentence, you now know as much about her history and age as I do! Alas she is not a well girl, she's snuffly and William the vet says he thinks he can feel uterine tumours :cry: She's having a few weeks of antibiotic therapy and then we will take an executive decision on spaying/vaccinating etc depending on how she is at that point. I've seen wild rabbits with myxo in the area so once I saw that and knew she couldn't be vaccinated yet, I've brought her indoors. I know it's not foolproof but given where we live and the proximity of the wild rabbits to the invisabuns, it's definitely a lower risk to have her indoors. She doesn't seem to know that she's poorly...she's a very good hay eater, and a complete pest! Or do I mean livewire. Yes, I'm sure that's what I mean :lol:

IMG_6631_zpsiu14dvwm.jpg

IMG_6747_zpsuk0brnlw.jpg

IMG_6748_zpspwanfqkc.jpg

Last edited:
She is beautiful. Hope she does well and she can't be that norty because your wellies still have un-nibbled toggles on them :lol:

She definitely hasn't read the memo which says that she's not supposed to be well :roll: Last night she decided to jump over the pen...CRASH THUMP CLUMP. Very pleased with herself she was, and very cross at being returned to the pen, which now has a lid! I'm currently dithering as to whether I should spay first or vaccinate first. I would normally vaccinate, wait 3 weeks and then spay, but given that it's more than likely that she has masses, I'm wondering whether to spay first when the antibiotics end in the hope that her body is in the best shape for the op at that point. Dither dither! In the meantime, she's a lively little camper, not at all afraid of the space or new things. I think she has probably been loved and well looked after in the past (albeit not spayed, sadly).

She definitely doesn't sound like an invisible bunny. :lol: I can't help but think, now she's inside, spay first. But I can understand the dilemma.

So, it transpires that the uterine tumours are babies...7 of them...

Oh, goodness, invisababies :shock: You're getting well practised at this now. Fantastic that it's not cancer, hope you've got over the shock of the new arrivals!

Do the babies look 'Dutchy' or is it too early to tell?

Do the babies look 'Dutchy' or is it too early to tell?

Yep, they look pretty dutchy - I could see they had very defined bits of black and pink skin which will presumably form their markings eventually. I'm still in complete shock - wasn't what I was expecting at all, and now the panic sets in of the cost of vaccinating and neutering so many bunnies all at the same time! And housing them all of course!

Back