• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on rabbit insurance please

madcatwoman

Mama Doe
Hi, After a major vet bill for one of the cats I was so relieved that I had pet insurance so I decided to insure the rabbits.

Stanley is now insured but Ozzie is now 6 and a half years old and I cant find any pet insurance that will cover him.

Tried Petplan (my current insurer) Pets at home. Ive been on a few comparison websites and nobody will insure over the age of 5.

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately I had the same problem with Peanut Butter who was 6 when I adopted him. The veterinary treatment I had to get for him depleted my savings. He was going to need a lot of expensive treatment for an ear abscess so my plan was to take out a personal loan to cover the costs. Sadly he passed away earlier this week. :(

Thanks, I did wonder if he was impossible to insure. Better just keep my fingers crossed and keep topping up the bank account

Have you tried exotics direct? I know a few people who managed to get insurance for their 5yr old rabbit. No idea how they done it, but worth a try?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Have you tried exotics direct? I know a few people who managed to get insurance for their 5yr old rabbit. No idea how they done it, but worth a try?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Not sure how they did that as I don't think Exotics Direct - like the other companies - won't take on rabbits aged 5 and over. (Of course, none of the insurance companies discontinue cover once the rabbit has reached 5 ... but they certainly up their prices/excess.

Back