• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice Needed

ive tried posting this in the health but had no reply so i thought id try here.

I was feeding my buns for the night and noticed this on Skyes back. A chunk of fur was missing where this was. Pepsi has been nipping her these past few days so it could be where hes pulled fresh fur out and its hurt her and become pink and sore. I was touching it and she was not bothered so it cant be
hurting her, Any advice is appreciated and is there anything i can put on it to reduce the pinkness.

12939472_10208647863329714_1710304337_n.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not of too much help but I didn't want to read and run. It sounds like it is likely that it could be Pepsi pulling the fur out, I'm just not sure on how you'd go about treating it. Just wanted to wish you good luck and say if in doubt, ask your vet :)

My munch did this to Tilly one spring fever. It all scabbed where he had been latching on. I didn't put anything on it but did keep a close eye on and it cleared up pretty quick xx

ive tried posting this in the health but had no reply so i thought id try here.

I was feeding my buns for the night and noticed this on Skyes back. A chunk of fur was missing where this was. Pepsi has been nipping her these past few days so it could be where hes pulled fresh fur out and its hurt her and become pink and sore. I was touching it and she was not bothered so it cant be
hurting her, Any advice is appreciated and is there anything i can put on it to reduce the pinkness.

12939472_10208647863329714_1710304337_n.jpg

Depending where on her back it is, it's possible it's just a little nip and it should heal itself. Has she had a vaccination recently? Sometimes that can cause a reaction, but to be honest, it doesn't look like that to me.

Have a little look around to make sure you can't find any 'dandruff' in her fur as well, that could cause her to scratch herself because of fur mites.

I do put a natural cream on this, which is harmless if ingested. But for the moment I would watch and wait for a couple of days and see what happens to it. Hopefully the pinkness will go down :thumb:

Back