• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Faye has died

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
I noticed this morning that Faye didn't want her breakfast so made an appointment for her. The only one they had was 1640 today and I stupidly thought she would be OK as she had been eating yesterday. When I went to put her in the carrier for the vet she was laying on her side. I picked her up and she was all floppy and dead. I should have taken her to the vet sooner but when I cleaned them out yesterday she had seemed fine so I didn't think it was anything serious.

I can't afford to have her cremated as I still owe a lot of money and I had noone to bury her for me so I had to do it and I couldn't dig a hole that deep. I have put a very heavy planter on where I buried her and I just hope that will be OK. I am a mess and have to go to work from midnight to 0600. It is overtime and I desperately need the money.

I used to have eleven bunnies and now only have three. Faye wasn't elderly. I have no idea what was wrong with her - the only relief is that she did look very peaceful.

Oh no :cry: I'm so sorry. They do sometimes seem to go downhill very rapidly, they are so fragile :cry: you weren't to know she was so ill.

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Aww I am so sorry. It must have been awful.
I know what it feels like when you lose a pet and have an overwhelming feeling of guilt and heartbreak.
You will get through though and you will never forget her.
I still get upset over loved ones (people and pets) who died years ago. You love them forever regardless.
Even if you had taken her to the vet, they might not have been able to save her so please don't blame yourself, it was not your fault.
Sending you hugs xx

Last edited:
So sorry Karen. It happens so quickly and very much doubt if Faye was so I'll, that a few hours getting to the vets would make any difference. Hugs xxxxx

I'm so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you, especially the shock of the unexpected & sudden parting.
RIP Faye.

Back