• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheeky bunnies!

Pip&Milo

Warren Scout
It's certainly taking me some time to get used to having 2 bunnies! I'm spending most of my time worried that they are going to fight. Bought them a new tunnel and ended up taking it away. Molly decided that Milo wasn't allowed in!

Then when he finally gave up she got inside and started thumping and digging?! I don't know if it was a warning to Milo or if she just doesn't really understand how to play!?

Another time she gets a bit cheeky is dinner time! I have their beautiful bowls and I give them identical food in each. They start out fine but then Molly will abandon her bowl and chase down Milo and attempt to eat whatever is in his mouth!!! Today was a carrot even though she had 2 of her own still in her bowl!

Is this normal? Am I getting myself worried about nothing? haha I usually am!

I don't think it's breaking his heart though ;)

Aww the picture of him asleep is adorable :)

I can't advise regarding the tunnel, but taking food out of another rabbit's mouth is completely normal behaviour here. I have three rabbits and they all do it very often. It's particularly amusing when it's hay or a long piece of parsley. There is definitely no agression with it and the other rabbit just tolerates it as though it is perfectly normal.

I bought both sets of bunnies a tent yesterday, I haven't given Larry and Joe there's yet but I did give Leo and Saxon theirs.....these boys are 2 years old and have never been apart....Leo instantly claimed it as his own and every time Saxon went by it Leo would chase him away....i had to take the tent away in the end and they were then best friends again....hope that reassures you about Molly's behaviour re the tunnel.
As for the food I've just watched Larry and Joe snatch the veg out of each other's mouth....obviously they think they are missing out on something.

You've got gorgeous bunnies!!! And I'm in the same situation, constantly worrying and watching!!!!

I would also say stealing food is normal. Ruby and Benny are getting on ok - they are calmer but I worry that they are a little disinterested in each other. No matter what...we worry! Benny still leaps away when I stroke him...and that fluffy, scruffy little tuft of fur is just crying out for a tickle! :lol:

Whatever is in someone else's mouth is much tastier than whatever you've got. Bunny law.
My OH says I'll never understand as I don't have siblings, but he says that's normal for human children too: when you have a sibling, whatever they have is obviously best! The rabbits get it :lol: We use a two-ended cat feeding bowl: like a double-bowl. That way, they can force their head into their own part of the bowl and not feel like the other one is too far away: when one's finished, they're straight into the other 'half', other bunny or no! it's a free-for-all on forage though.

Interestingly, Aboleth is a take-it-or-leave-it feeder: she will swap between different types of forage and even intersperse hay-eating periods, whereas Lopsy will eat the best of whatever's available and then move on. Aboleth used to do it with pellets but she learned in a couple of days that Lopsy would just eat the rest so she eats them even quicker than him now :lol: She's dominant, and a bit podgier :lol:

ETA: Lopsy sometimes digs in the tunnels: I put it down to him being an idiot. Neither have thumped in them (they might have tried in the stiff plastic ones but fat chance), but they've never stopped the other from going in a tunnel or other toy. Spooked each other coming in or out though, that's always hilarious as they each binky off in opposite directions :D :lol:

Last edited:
These two ignore each other a lot too! But then they have a nice cuddle and I feel better! Molly also isn't into strokes yet....she legs it! Milo is really licky and it's weird that Molly isn't the same I just expected that she would be! She went to have a lick earlier but it ended in a nibble! x

Ha I do think Molly is the dominant bun! I feel really bad for Milo he chases her round shoving his head flat to the floor under her face but she never licks! I feel really sorry for him! He soon gives up and licks her instead!

Back