• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vhd2

Dave81

Mama Doe
What's the deal with it lately, seem to be hearing less about it nowadays compared to the previous few months.

the RWAF where looking into getting vaccination from elsewhere as the Germany ones went out of stock with all the interest of vets in uk ordering

Saw that but seems an age ago plus there were so many posts all over about it but it's as though it's just vanished, I'm sure it hasn't just odd I don't recall seeing anything much about it

Saw that but seems an age ago plus there were so many posts all over about it but it's as though it's just vanished, I'm sure it hasn't just odd I don't recall seeing anything much about it

I had an email from my vet a while ago saying that they had no stock of the vaccine. Either they still have no stock, or if they have they haven't let me know yet :D

I was at my vets last week and he doesn't have any stock of vaccine yet. He's keeping a list of rabbit owners who are interested and will inform us if/when the stock becomes available.

What's the deal with it lately, seem to be hearing less about it nowadays compared to the previous few months.

My Vet has been closely involved with helping Richard Saunders (RWAF Vet) get things organised re the import of the Vaccine. The fact that my Vet speaks fluent German has proved to be useful !! However, the last I heard, about a week or so ago, is that the German Company can still not give any date as to when more supplies will be available. Realistically I doubt it'll happen before the end of the year.

I know one of the UK Vet Labs that was used to confirm suspected VHD2 deaths is no longer doing the work, but I assume there must be other who are. No idea what DEFRA's take on it all is.

My two are going for their booster vaccinations in a week and a bit and I have two local vets that both state they aren't stocking the vaccine because there isn't demand for it.

I'm obviously getting the regular booster vaccine but with regards to the VHD2 one I have no idea, even if the vaccine did come into stock I don't think the two vets I can reach will stock it. :(

Back