• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch covers/insulation ..

Helenmarie85

Warren Scout
When do we start taking the insulation off?? I have a nice thick layer of polystyrene, bubble wrap and old duvets folded on top the roof parts and the whole hutch covered with tarp .. both ends open for air circulation. But when can we take the insulation off?? Am new to this and its our first winter with bunnies!!!

I normally left until end of April ( live in south of England) when I kept rabbits outside a few years back as although days were warm nights were still cold

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Thank you. I'm South West of England so not much difference then. So end of this month can whip the insulation off :) Shall I still leave the tarp on in case of rain?

Thank you. I'm South West of England so not much difference then. So end of this month can whip the insulation off :) Shall I still leave the tarp on in case of rain?

yes id leave the tarp on when I had outside buns we kept the tarp on top of roof all year in case of heavy downpours to stop any rain getting into the hutches although my granddad had built them with a overhang still liked to drop it over when very bad

yes id leave the tarp on when I had outside buns we kept the tarp on top of roof all year in case of heavy downpours to stop any rain getting into the hutches although my granddad had built them with a overhang still liked to drop it over when very bad

Ok thank you!!!

Back