• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

(Finally...) Meet Takumi! UD- home and recovering

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
This is Takumi, more frequently known as "Little Bit". He's Rivergrace's husbun and a tiny terror at that! He's interested in anything and everything. If you leave the baby gates open for even half a second, he's through and exploring. He's certainly a bun to keep you on your toes!

Fierce River is slowly calming down since his arrival about a month ago. She even lets me touch her head now, albeit briefly. Takumi, meanwhile, is quite the people-bun. He likes to be cuddled, commands and demands attention, and will ALWAYS get under your feet.

He also makes River look like a giant bun. He's 6.5 months old now, and only weighs just over 1kg. Takumi is definitely my teeniest bunny, but he makes up for it with his BIG personality.

Takumi is a nightmare to photograph too. He kept trying to nibble my fingers, groom my fingers, nibble the camera, chin the camera, sniff the lens, climb my legs...

P1060492_zps7qhrtnp3.jpg

P1060488_zpssyapmddt.jpg

at least he's a very good hay eater though...

P1060497_zps8dgsw3x7.jpg

Finally, Little Bit, you've officially had your RU intro!

With River:

P1060477_zpsemaayh1c.jpg

Last edited:
Oh what a lovely lovely lovely rabbit he is. River looks pretty wonderful too.

He is very very cute! Do you know what breed he is? My boy Albie looks super similar to Takumi, but when I got him I was told he was just some kind of cross breed, so I'm interested to know if you have any ideas! I've never seen another rabbit that looks so similar. Here's Albie:

423357.jpg

Thanks all. Today is his last day with plums as tomorrow, the plum fairy comes visiting. Poor oblivious Little Bit... ;)

He is very very cute! Do you know what breed he is? My boy Albie looks super similar to Takumi, but when I got him I was told he was just some kind of cross breed, so I'm interested to know if you have any ideas! I've never seen another rabbit that looks so similar. Here's Albie:

423357.jpg
My goodness, Albie looks like he could easily be Takumi's brother! And just as handsome too. :) I'm afraid, though, that I am in the dark as you are - I was told crossbreed when we adopted him too. All I know is it is very definitely a dwarf breed (or, indeed, a dwarf crossbreed) as he really is so dinky and at the age he is virtually fully grown.

If anyone else has ideas, I'd appreciate it. :lol:

What a cutie! :love: All good vibes for the plum fairy's visit!
I think the white with the tricolour spotty ears is a Rhinelander? Not 100% sure though.

Adorable in any case! ;) xxxx

What a cutie! :love: All good vibes for the plum fairy's visit!
I think the white with the tricolour spotty ears is a Rhinelander? Not 100% sure though.

Adorable in any case! ;) xxxx

Thanks! :)

He could be a Mini/Dwarf Rhinelander if there's such a thing: he's way too small to be a regular one! Aside from size, the description of body shape seems to fit. :)

Little Bit and River have been dropped off at the vets for his snip.

Now back home to keep treating Elphie. These rabbits!

Got a call at 11am to say that Little Bit has got through his op just fine. However, we have to wait to pick him up til 5.

In some ways, that's a good thing as it all falls in nicely when regarding Elphie's treatment. :)

Got a call at 11am to say that Little Bit has got through his op just fine. However, we have to wait to pick him up til 5.

In some ways, that's a good thing as it all falls in nicely when regarding Elphie's treatment. :)

Good news!

I'm glad things are working out for you today :thumb:

Little Bit and River are home now. :love:

River seemed to take the whole thing far worse than Takumi did. He's eating like a star and seems very settled. River meanwhile developed territorial behaviour at the vets, lunging at a member of staff after they had handled another bun. She kept thumping during his release too. Thankfully she is settled now she's home too.

Back