• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby is back....with Benny! And they are up to mischief already...

jay

Mama Doe
On Friday Ruby went off to Acomb Rabbit Rescue to be bonded with the very cute Benny (who is basically a lop eared and rather scruffy version of Ruby :lol:). The bonding went well - lots of humping but also some lovely time grooming and relaxing together too.

On Sunday morning it was time to bring them home. My boy and I battled through the traffic (there was a show on in town and the queue seemed to go on forever!). We finally reached Helen at Acomb and she reported they were still getting on fine and should make a good pair. :D

Driving them home was stressful. They were both silent, in separate carriers, I was worried about the traffic as it had taken so long to get to York and the boy insisted on stopping for food (and 7 year olds are very insistent when they need feeding!). Not one to normally stop at McDonalds I whizzed through the drive-in (you have to speak into a metal box to order, this is very confusing!), still aware of how quiet and stressed out the buns would be, practically threw a happy meal to the boy in the back and carried on. Thankfully the traffic was much better on the way back and we were home within 40 mins.

I took the buns up to Ruby's room and opened the carriers and then the sweetest thing happened...Ruby jumped in with a very scared and shaking Benny! :love: Here they are...all cuddled up!

Ruby sat with Benny for a few mins but then realising she was home hopped out and went to investigate the new set up. It took a while for Benny to climb out and he immediately headed for the crate under my desk - it's covered and dark and must have seemed the safest space. Here he is with Ruby looking much happier and less terrified...

I sat with them for ages and eventually Benny ventured out. (Ruby is sat in the litter tray but she has been out and back in a dozen times at this point).

TODAY...
So this morning I came in to find they had turned into destructo-buns! Remember that nice clean and tidy crate and litter tray? Here it is after last night...

They also spent some time investigating what is under the carpet...

Obviously they are worn out this morning...

Although after some breakfast they have perked up and are now busy again...

Benny "ooh look at the mess in there!"

And right now they are having a little sit down and I hope thinking about their actions last night - naughty bunnies! :lol:

I love them as a pair...I love how cheeky they are and how Ruby seems quite put out at the mess in the crate and how every time I turn round from working at my desk Benny freezes if he is on his way to the area of chewed carpet - it's as if he knows he is in trouble but wants to see how far he can push it. Best of all I love the interaction between the two of them...Ruby is very much the put upon wife and Benny the scruffy, messy hubby! :love::love:

Last edited:
Awh for some reason your pictures won't load but it sounds like it all is going lovely! I know what you mean about the mess! Milo & Molly have thrown hay EVERYWHERE, and Molly even did a wee on the floor :( x

Got them working now! Just started using photobucket and I copied the wrong link. :roll:

I can just imagine Molly thinking "this is MY bit of floor" before doing her wee! Naughty girl.

Awww, great photos :love: It's lovely to see them looking so comfortable together. Sounds like it's going well so far! I didn't think he'd be such a destructobun though :shock: Hope that was just their house warming party!

Haha I'm pretty sure that is EXACTLY what Molly was thinking since she was looking me in the eye as she did it! She's much more confident today - though a little nippy ..i've had my fingers nibbled twice!!!!
Beautiful pictures! They look really comfortable together! Milo & Molly like chilling together too! It's nice having someone in a similar stage of the bonding to compare with :) x

Lovely pics!! :love::love:

And wow! Ruby could be Jacks twin sister!! :shock: They are so alike!

So pleased it's all gone well! xx

Back