• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ball Op on Tuesday.Investigation of second missing ball

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
Hi my friends Bunny has only one testicle and the other has not dropped and is still in the abdomen.His operation is Tuesday.What does she need to have in the house incase he doesn't eat? Are we right in thinking no bedding in the cage etc?She is borrowing my snuggle safe.what can be syringe fed if needed?Thanks in advance.My friend is joining in a second

I would just say plenty of hay & herbs. My Dave only had one testicle full stop so it will be interesting to hear the outcome.

My girly bun has just been spayed, I'm using puppy training pads to line her cage at the moment, no saw dust or anything small that could irritate the wound. My vet gave me some recovery food, it's a powder that you mix with water and I think you can get it online too. Just lots of his favourite foods really, Poppy ate parsley, coriander first, some banana. This morning I had to mix her pain medication in with banana as she wouldn't let me use the syringe. I hope this helps and that it all goes well :)

Dave had hay in his litter tray so would go in it from time to time. Mostly he just sat/lay on some vetbed so I would recommend that or perhaps a fleece blanket.

Back