• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My babies are coming home!!

Mollie100

Warren Scout
Yay! Well we've just moved house and although the selling bit went through just fine unfortunately the buying bit was rather slow! So we had to live with my mum and dad for a bit. The bunnies had to go into boarding as there simply wasn't room for them at mum and dad's. :(

So I've been bunny-less for a bit. Luckily the lady who boarded them is well-known to us and she's lovely and very trustworthy but obviously I've missed them so, so much!!! They will be indoor bunnies from now on. If they really, really hate it I can always sort out a new outdoor set-up for them once the garden is securely fenced off. But I think they might like it. We're picking them up after work tomorrow evening. Spent the last 3 days sorting the pet room out for them! Here's some pics - please note - the Cage is just a base - the door will be kept open at all times - I'm very pleased with the quality of it though. We added the puppy pen to protect the skirting boards etc but also to provide a safety aspect as we have two dogs (they know the rabbits and have never shown any malice towards them but obviously safety is paramount.) - the gated panel means that they can't come bounding out when we open the door and the dogs can't go bounding in. :p

DSC_0026 by Hanloulou, on Flickr

DSC_0025 by Hanloulou, on Flickr

DSC_0024 by Hanloulou, on Flickr

DSC_0012 by Hanloulou, on Flickr

- I've got some other bits and bobs on order (should be here Monday) such as two hay-racks and some nommy herby forage for them. Hay is from Hay for Pets - smells lovely so hope they'll like it! I also need to buy a stool and some other playthings for them. Will probably add an IKEA 'Lack' table as a hideaway / jump on thing too when we can.

This place has lots of work to be done on it so we're being careful money-wise until we know how much everything will cost but hopefully they'll be some left over to buy a few more bits and bobs! I will do at some point soon anyway. Can't wait to have my lovely Jack and Hollie back!! :love:

Thank you all! :wave:

The cage is one of these:

http://t.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/carriers/metal_cages_and_boxes/380195

- I haven't used the grill though of course. It was really easy to put together and it's very sturdy. There's one opening door and the left side is fixed in place. The roof opens up too though I won't be using that feature as it would upset my mice! :lol: (Their cage is on top lol.)

Have pinched the shelf out of my rats' new Critter Nation cage as it was to big for their cage but ideal for the rabbits! I've attached it with cable ties and wire. The wooden branch gives it a bit more stability.

That is an amazing room I love it.Are the grey stripe things on the floor vetbed? If so where did you get it? I love the colour! It's gorgeous.

That looks amazing! They're gonna be so happy to be home! I get my babies back from bonding today so I feel your excitement! I've rearranged their pen about 6 times! (We don't normally have a pen but I thought it might be safer until the bond is secured?) I don't know why it's never occurred to me but your pic just clicked it all together! We've been thinking about where we can put all the bunny stuff (Because if we leave his bag of pellets around he eats through it!) and of course those stack of plastic boxes would be perfect!!!! Thanks!

Thank you! They are settling in well. Hollie is being a very stroppy girl but I think it's a bit of 'Spring Fever' lol. They love the cage and are eating and drinking just fine. Shall post pics once they've settled in properly.

That is an amazing room I love it.Are the grey stripe things on the floor vetbed? If so where did you get it? I love the colour! It's gorgeous.

Yes it's vet bed with non-slip backing. It's from Ebay and is very reasonably priced!

Yes it's vet bed with non-slip backing. It's from Ebay and is very reasonably priced![/QUOTE]

Thank you! I'll have a look now I love the pattern it would match my bedroom well! Gorgeous room by the way.

Back