• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newly bonded bunnies.....

NewBunnyFan

Warren Scout
So, I have not long got home with my newly bonded bunnies from Fat Fluffs.....Larry now has a new friend who is either going to be called Joe or Q (we can't decide!)
They said there was one scuffle on the first day but other then that they have been fine.
I have follows there advice and the boys are currently in the bottom of the cage with just newspaper and hay, he said to not give them anything they can fight over so what do I do about water for them??
At the moment Larry has flopped and Joe or Q is munching away on hay....any advise on help with continuing the bonding would be great.
Here's a sneaky pic I took of them!!
70e6c10feadf0c9b9a9907a3882bd916.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww they are beautiful :love:

Just keep a close eye on them, hopefully it will all work out, they look happily enough.

They're so cute!!

I' would say to put in a water bowl or bottle, whichever they are used to. just make sure it is either new or cleaned and neutralised.

i put two water bottles on. are the buns names off impractical jokers lol.. q is my favorite, love that show. your buns are beautiful xx

Yes the names are from Impractical Jokers, my husband first named Larry when we got him back in January. His new friend is currently called Snowy so I think he will become Joey!

I popped a water bowl in and they shared a drink together.
6826e2a82bdc5153239d160d87c9ff47.jpg

I was so scared to come down this morning as I didn't know what I would find but luckily all seems to be ok. I've just watched Larry groom Joe and they have been snuggling up together!
8a2327d3ff31b275ef621668d056b56b.jpg
eee1f6469f080cb9a72d929391c1d08a.jpg

Every time I walk in they are both jumping up the cage to get out so think I might give them a little more space later.
The one thing that drew me to Joe is that he has 2 different coloured eyes (like my dad!) I didn't know rabbits could have this and I just thought they were beautiful........he has a blue eye.....
5afa6f4e8164788a89f7845aaa79dbbc.jpg

And a brown eye.....
cc907b9d47ffa2beacad164499c3d14f.jpg

I knew it was meant to be as his eyes are just like my dads!!!

Last edited:
Aww :love: glad it's going well :thumb: I would take it slow with giving them more space, I reckon a couple of days without any scuffles etc between each small extension of space.

Back