• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing help

Milo2015

Warren Scout
I have two rabbits and two guinea pigs.

Currently the rabbits have a base of a 48 inch dog crate and the guinea pigs have a standard cage on top. However I am going to need to keep them into my bedroom......I am not thrilled about this but between the dogs and the back door it is the only option. Originally it was temporary but now it is the safest option.

Whilst it was a temporary solution I was ok with a giant crate in my room, thing is the rabbits hardly ever use it, they like to sit at the top of the stairs and hang out under the bed(with tubes) . They are shut in if I hoover or sometimes at night but mostly they are out and about- I sort of treat them like cats. They are litter trained and have cardboard all about the place to chew, they are very well behaved rabbits thank God!

Can anyone recommend or suggest a solution. I was thinking I could get a table and keep their litter tray and hay rack underneath with the piggies on top. It could be closed off for hoovering and maybe at night (mainly if I have a migraine but they don't happen often now).

in a rush now but any ideas would be great

XXX

A table sounds like a really good idea. My rabbits have one in the shed with a hutch (no doors) under it which they love to sit on.

Perhaps you could have puppy panels to offer a bit more space particularly at night when rabbits are especially active.

Yeah, I think I will give it a go. It would all be free to do any way as I have all the stuff bar a mat to put on the floor. Some serious rearranging tomorrow

Back