• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chilly tonight!

Caro C

New Kit
Hi I'm new with 2 adorable rescued 9 month old lion heads
I am concerned this evening as it's turned quite chilly and after reading some threads yesterday about peoples bunnies not going into the eglu at night but staying in the run, I think my new 2 maybe doing the same. I have covered the run with a heavy horse rug and they have lots of hay in the eglu. I realise the eglu is not big enough to shut them in but until I've made alternative arrangements.....
Any advice will be gratefully received
Thanks in advance
Caro

Hey, I'm Ashleigh, welcome to the forum!

I have a bit of an obsession with Lionhead rabbits :love:
Are your Lionheads single manned or double manned? Are they pedigree or mix? What have you named them? sorry about all the questions :lol:
I can't wait to see photo's!
As you can see by my profile photo, I have a ruby eyed white double manned Lionhead (his name is Snow Cloud) :love:
I think a house rug should keep them warm enough but you can get bunny fleeces which also help or little soft houses (like cat beds)
I hope you enjoy using the forum and as I said, I can't wait to see photo's.

Last edited:
Hi :wave: welcome to the forum x

I have 3 mini lop / lion head sisters who are 8 months. Mine choose to stay in their run the majority of the time, even when it's chilly, but I put pet heat pads in their hutch so they have the option if they wish x

Thanks for the welcome :)
They survived the cold night! I have now cleaned out the eglu and lined it with newspaper then dog bed fleece in the hope they will use it as a bed and not a toilet-they have a litter tray just outside in the run with lots of hay so fingers crossed.
In answer to your questions Ashleigh, they are angora lion head crosses, not sure if they are single or double maned?! Called Jim and Bob!
Will organise pics very soon

Back