• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobo the weird wacky EC rabbit...

Fellie

Warren Veteran
...is how Richard at Trinity Vets has described my boy :love:

Poor lad is still testing positive for EC - the medication is just not working and he's still drinking and peeing like a horse :cry:. There was tremendous improvement back in November - but since losing Harley he has gone backwards and we're not making any headway at all.

So he is coming off all meds now. They aren't doing anything - he has been on Panacur as well as the other stuff and that has made no difference at all.

As Richard said - they are still learning about EC, and each rabbit is so different in their response to EC and the medication. It seems that Bobo just doesn't respond at all:(

BUT - Bobo is still his normal daft self, he's loving his food, he hopes out everyday and bumbles around and very often we hear this thundering of hippo's upstairs - which of course is Bobo having Bunny 500's :p. So for now - it's all about quality of life and keeping a close eye on him. If he shows any other symptoms - then we're back to the vets.

I am very VERY grateful (and touching wood) that the only symptoms the boy is showing is the excessive drinking/peeing - there seems to be no neurological signs. And Richard did say that many rabbits live quite happily all their lives with positive EC - so it's just about managing it.

AND - another positive - it will help my bank balance. These monthly blood tests are a bit expensive at £200 a pop - especially as Bobo has to be under GA for them! Last week he bit Richard quite hard as well (shouldn't but I did giggle when I heard that ;)).

Taking each day as it comes - and appreciating that we have a Bobo each and every day. He was our first rabbit - and very special to us :love:

Sending vibes for Bobo to continue to do well, those blood tests are very expensive, that's a lot to have to keep forking out, although of course we know it's more than worth it.

Best of wishes for him :D If the meds ain't doing anything, he's bound to be best off them. Hope he stays stable (or even improves!).

I think you're very wise to leave the meds for now. As Richard said, many bunnies experience a great quality of life with E.C., I know mine have :D

And yes, what a boost to your bank balance!

Back