• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit safe toys

MrsCoultas

Mama Doe
Hi everyone,

So I discovered that Ragnar loves to play with balls! I put a few 'ball put' balls in his room yesterday and a few hours later I discovered that he had put most of them in his trays, very, very cute! But I'm also a bit worried that he is going to chew through them, they're not very thick, and I've noticed some teeth shaped holes in them, presumably where he has picked them up to put them in the trays. As far as I can tell he hasn't chewed them, just pierced them with his teeth. He has a jinggly ball from wilko, he doesn't seem to play with that one so much and it might be because it's a bit heavier. Should I be worried about the ball pit balls? And can anyone recommend any bunny safe balls?

Edit - I've just found 'practice golf balls' online, do you think they would be better? They have holes in already, they're probably more structurally sound that the ball pit balls and they'd be lighter than the jingle ball.

Last edited:
Wilko do a line of willow and other chewable balls: mine don't chew the seagrass ones but destroy the others very quickly! The seagrass ones get chucked about and nibbled a bit but they're still going strong :)

Poppy has one of these and absolutely loves it, but only because it has treats in it lol I'll try it with Ragnar but without the treats, I'm worried that he's going to get too chunky, he eats like he's been starved for weeks at every single meal lol. I gave him a larger, sturdier ball last night, from a kids outdoor bowling set, and he played with it for ages!

I've been wondering about this...I think I might order some of the dog treat balls. Mine do have willow balls and they do chuck them about but don't seem to destroy them (too busy working on the carpet :roll:).

I'm so glad I don't have carpets any more lol It was Poppy's favourite pastime! I was so scared when we moved out of our last place, it was a forces house and they're usually really strict about move out standards. Luckily, the carpets were old and they were replacing all of them anyway :roll: She's had a willow ball but it was destroyed within a day!

Back