• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning rabbit stuff for newly bonded rabbits to use!!

NewBunnyFan

Warren Scout
Sorry, the titles a bit muddled (just like my brain at the minute!!)
Anyway my lovely Larry is currently at Fat Fluffs being bonded with his new buddy (a gorgeous bun with different coloured eyes!! Think his name will be Joe but not 100% decided yet!!)
Anyway, I'm currently cleaning and sorting out their living area and have a couple of questions.
Larry has lots of wooden chew toys, will these still be ok for them to use after I've cleaned them? (I'm using white wine vinegar and water!) or is it better to throw them away and get some more? Also he has a willow ball, do I need to throw that away or will it be ok for them to use?
Finally I need some house ideas, they have a cage attached to a run and then free roam of the conservatory when we are home but they don't have a 'house' to sleep in.....so they need one? I was thinking of a children's tent or is that a bad idea?
Sorry for the rambling and questions.....think I'm more stressed now then when I'm at work!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't bin them but would put them aside until you know they are firmly bonded in their new home. I don't think they need a house to sleep in but places to explore always go down well so it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Joe is a good name. I hope it goes well for the honeymooners

So do you think a tent would be ok? My nethies have a tunnel which I got from Argos and was thinking of getting the tunnel with a tent (the children's ones!) Thank you the reply. Luckily it's a beautiful day so I've washed everything and let it dry outside, I'll pop them in the grave though until I know it's all good between them!!
This is so nerve wracking!! X

NewBunnyFan;6756918[B said:
]So do you think a tent would be ok[/B]? My nethies have a tunnel which I got from Argos and was thinking of getting the tunnel with a tent (the children's ones!) Thank you the reply. Luckily it's a beautiful day so I've washed everything and let it dry outside, I'll pop them in the grave though until I know it's all good between them!!

I see no reason why not unless they eat it (like with everything really). Exciting times x

So do you think a tent would be ok? My nethies have a tunnel which I got from Argos and was thinking of getting the tunnel with a tent (the children's ones!) Thank you the reply. Luckily it's a beautiful day so I've washed everything and let it dry outside, I'll pop them in the grave though until I know it's all good between them!!

You have a grave for toys?! Hope they bond well and are home soon with lots of pics!

How are the rabbits doing? I think a tent would be great. All mine love hiding places.

I'm waiting to hear from Fat Fluffs, I hate waiting for anything and I'm getting really anxious now incase things are not going well!
I'm not a positive person so think if I go out buying new stuff now then something will go wrong!!
Just want my boys home and then think I will definitely get them a new tent and tunnel to celebrate!!!

I'm waiting to hear from Fat Fluffs, I hate waiting for anything and I'm getting really anxious now incase things are not going well!
I'm not a positive person so think if I go out buying new stuff now then something will go wrong!!
Just want my boys home and then think I will definitely get them a new tent and tunnel to celebrate!!!

Sounds like a great plan. I'm sure your boys will be doing fine in the care of fat fluffs - I found their site inspirational when it came to bunny bonding. Best of luck x

Back